Scooter junk Run Project 2009 Piaggio Fly 150 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scooter junk Run Project 2009 Piaggio Fly 150

GVH

Decided I need a cheap as chips scooter for the 2020 Junk Run Scoottoronto.com | From scooter classics to modern plastics, Scoottoronto does it all.. Basically driving a scooter from one provincial parrk in to another on almost nothing but dirt bike Atv trails. About 200 Km one way then back for camping BBQ and beer. Dirt, sand, mud and water crossing. So I thougt I found a sweet deal. My $400 CDN 2009 Piaggio Fly 150. It starts and runs fine. Everything works as it should just one problem. A completely pouched exhaust. I did notice the upper bolt (first pic) when buying it at 9pm at night and the lower (second pic) the next morning. It wasn't until I played with the muffler that it got really noisy. The third pic is the mount to the motor and cracked mid pipe. The last owner mention a noisy exhaust but not this. In the next few days I will be chipping away at the mess to see what is needed to fix it. Also need more aggressive tires. The Maxxis M6024 Front/Rear Scooter Tire seems good but nothing ordered until the extent of the mess is figured out.

Gagf5uk.gif

17301mo.gif

iuI74f2.gif

2CoCVBm.gif

Sounds like a blast, scary pictures.
Are you allowed to run a C90? Would make for a far superior dirt bike.

I offered to show up on the Suzuki S40. They said no problem but no help pushing it out of the sand mud. I wanted a 50cc stroker but no one seems to want to answer emails. Couple a BW Zumas and a Piaggio Typhon 50. They said last run was 3-4 people. Just seems like stupid fun. Put the 2013 TU250X up for sale to help fund this plus 5 bikes and a scooter maybe pushing my luck. She's a loving and understanding person but life has limits.

Larger diameter wheels is what you want for the off road aspect, that's where a C90 would clean up,
and the invincible semi-automatic 3 speed transmission.

Ya thought about that. Kijiji has a Kymco People S 125. 16 inch wheels. just $950 is to much. This one just needs to make it about 500 km. the cert is the problem with that exhaust.

So it looks like this mess started with one broken exhaust stud. Then a broken upper mount. Last lets crack the pipe almost in half. Last pic is the scooter on the 14000 LB hoist. So about $200 for a pro to fix the broken exhaust stud maybe less. Upper mount may try to weld and redrill. Muffler Focked so cheapest so far $140 out of the US or $200 Montreal. Then an oil change, Filters, maybe gear oil. Little afraid to try and loosen anymore bolts.

iRd5Zp4.gif

nMJhsFh.gif

YnbzMwy.gif

zuBJ5EL.gif

A little JB weld probably holds long enough to pass a safety. Whether you want to ride 500 km with an open exhaust on the other hand :/

I just took all the JB weld off. Should be able to fix the broken stud and lower mount. Might try the JB weld ExtremeHeat™ Paste on the upper. Says good to 2400 F and drillable. Hoping this exhaust will fit. Looks correct but posted for the Fly 50 4t model. Emailed maker to see. Cheaper than the used ones I have found.
exhaust-tecnigas-gp4-piaggio-4t-4v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom