Scheer resigns | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scheer resigns

At least Brits have figured burning millions of pounds stalling was not getting them anywhere. Boris will go all out and get his deal passed and the brexiteers will have jolly old England back. Just like the dark ages.

They will have given up everything to win back a freedom they never lost.

Even the Welsh have no idea what goes on in Wales.

Lisa raitt just made an appearance on Morning TV , talking about Scheers decision to go, the new leader contest, her failure to get elected.
She said they need to find a salesman that is smart enough to understand "which" PC party the people want, pull the fractured parts together and write a policy which can be sold.

It really is about getting elected, getting a seat at the trough.

I don't think this is why he resigned. Sheer lost the confidence of his party, when this happens its customary to allow the party to decide on who is best able to lead.

The PC party needs to up the charisma of its leadership, find someone who can appeal to more than western conservatives.

Maybe Dougie?

Agreed except the Dougie part. I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek.

The average voter has the economic forecasting ability of a four year old in a candy store. They'll vote for the person that gives them the biggest bag of candy.

Could it finally be the end of trickle down economics and bigotry as the party platform? (Sorry, forgot climate change denial/inaction....).

Maybe, or maybe they will once again steer into the skid and double down, we will see. Lots of electable potential leaders, most of the "base" hates them. I really don't think the party base gets it. Watching the usual conbot talking heads on TV, they keep going on about lack of energy, connecting with the base, Trudeau, blah blah blah.... Not much about the guy being a bigot and un-electable for many Canadians??? Either way, it is the end of the Homophobic Howdy Doody as the Reform Party leader.

It is important to have viable options, they need to get themselves back there otherwise the Liberals can just keep writing all the cheques they want. Reform needs to finally die.

My guess is Ford and Kenney already knew before their recent meetings with Trudeau, both were much more "cooperative" than many expected, my guess is the knew that an election is now at least 2 years away (likely more) so they need to work with the current federal government until then.

Reactions: J_F
MacKay

old fashioned Eastern PC member
doesn't mix religious fanaticism with conservatism
that would make me consider them next time out

the West doesn't like him though
for the same reasons that I do
would bring some P back to the party

charisma is good
but being an idiot with zero understanding of complex issues is not made up for with that
Thing is the West doesn't need to like him -- the East does. Western Canada will follow a bland even unlikable conservative, the East will not.

Ontario is the jewel for PC. The Maritimes and QC are afraid the PCs will stop the federal gravy train circles their provinces (I don't know why, when in power the PCs keep it in place as much as the Liberals).

McKay might be the best they have. He's from NS, that means a seat or two as Maritimers trust their own, he has a bit more wit and charisma (but enough?). He lives in Toronto so getting 'out there' in the 905 and six should be easier for him. He certainly has the experience in government, but can he lead? We need to see more of him to answer that leadership and charisma questions.

Rona Ambrose - if she can be talked into it. Smart, likeable,experienced, not dragging around any negative baggage.

Rona Ambrose - if she can be talked into it. Smart, likeable,experienced, not dragging around any negative baggage.
Haha, a new winner for Viglink. An amazon physical product that is just a poorly done photochop. At least it is motorcycle related.

513phXT29zL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Dental care! The UK needs free dental care.

They've have dental for low income and pensioners.

You don't have to pay for NHS dental treatment if you're:
  • under 18, or under 19 and in full-time education
  • pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months
  • being treated in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist (but you may have to pay for any dentures or bridges)
  • receiving low income benefits, or you're under 20 and a dependant of someone receiving low income benefits
  • Income Support
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit

Agreed except the Dougie part. I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek.

The average voter has the economic forecasting ability of a four year old in a candy store. They'll vote for the person that gives them the biggest bag of candy.
Democracy doesn't care about ones education or intelligence -- it treats everyone the same. At the end of the day direction is set by the will of the masses at election time. Those with degrees get to interpret that will and execute a plan that matches.

At least Brits have figured burning millions of pounds stalling was not getting them anywhere. Boris will go all out and get his deal passed and the brexiteers will have jolly old England back. Just like the dark ages.

They will have given up everything to win back a freedom they never lost.

Even the Welsh have no idea what goes on in Wales.
They did lose a lot of freedom in joining the UE. Think about what freedoms we would lose if we decided to become an American state. They pay for another layer of gov't, lose some sovereignty rights, lose rights to self determination and more. That's a great trade if you gain as much as you lose -- I don't think the Brits ended up with a net gain when they joined an EU full of have-not states.

I hate to say it because it's very politically incorrect but I can't see any party putting forward a female leader right now. It shouldn't be that way, I certainly don't like it that way, but the reality is every one but Thatcher and Merkel has flown the plane into the ground. I think that's why Ford moved to the front, other candidates may have been better prepared, unfortunately the electorate is not.

Greta Thunberg. I hear she’s really popular with Albertans.
While I admire her, I think she's a clever puppet whose strings are pulled by handlers. A cuter version of Oscar the Grouch.

wondering how much of the Kingdom will remain United?

fruition of Brexit will re-invigorate the Scots independence movement
Northern Ireland has moved much closer lately to Ireland
don't know about Wales, no one seems to know much about Wales
or as Trump says, Whales

might end up just being England again
and most of the Brexit louts would be fine with that
Do you really think the Scots could stand on their own 2 feet? To me that notion is as silly as Quebec opting for an exit. The Scots, like QC, cant match the productivity of their partner states, they would be crippled alone unless the EU propped them up. It would be a tough decision between maintaining their spot in the UK vs trading it for one in the EU.

Like Quebec, they can sabre rattle, but when it comes time to pull the trigger they will find a way to keep hanging from the teat.

Do you really think the Scots could stand on their own 2 feet? To me that notion is as silly as Quebec opting for an exit. The Scots, like QC, cant match the productivity of their partner states, they would be crippled alone unless the EU propped them up. It would be a tough decision between maintaining their spot in the UK vs trading it for one in the EU.

Like Quebec, they can sabre rattle, but when it comes time to pull the trigger they will find a way to keep hanging from the teat.

If they can maintain control of the North Sea oil fields then they have a significant source of income in terms of that and tourism.

Right now, I support them leaving. After all, if this election was a referendum again on Brexit the result in Scotland was a referendum on independence.

no
but we have a chip on our shoulders
just like Quebec
they had the fortitude to maintain their language
we didn't, it's pretty much gone

remaining within the EU trading bloc would be the primary goal of leaving the UK - assuming Brexit happens
but like others have pointed out about England
Scotland is the same
blaming their own failures on someone else is an easy political out

Last edited:
If they can maintain control of the North Sea oil fields then they have a significant source of income in terms of that and tourism.

Right now, I support them leaving. After all, if this election was a referendum again on Brexit the result in Scotland was a referendum on independence.
All I'm saying is if they leave the grass may not be greener. When the EU takes their share of the North Sea oil, and the UK sees no benefit in trading what little the Scots produce -- they'll need to sell a lot of whiskey, mutton, and bus tours to feed 5 million Scots.

I for one will miss Scheer's permanent smirk. You know, that one even his own mother using hot water, soap and a washcloth couldn't remove from his face when he was a kid.
Q3sxZYn.jpg

Replacing him with that angry little child from the Netherlands would be a step in the wrong direction. Trading the smirk for a permanent, grimacing frown would be even more annoying.
dUzO4MX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom