Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons

Anyone care to revive this ride? I’ll be at Kennedy Commons Timmies at 1:30, depart at 2:00.
Looking to make it a weekly thing again.

1 William Kitchen Rd, Scarborough, ON M1P 5B7

Anyone care to revive this ride? I’ll be at Kennedy Commons Timmies at 1:30, depart at 2:00.
Looking to make it a weekly thing again.

1 William Kitchen Rd, Scarborough, ON M1P 5B7
I'd be interested, hit me up next week, I'll meet you at the Kennedy commons Tim's

It is a tough act to follow!

Must have been a good one I’d missed then, eh? Well, let’s see what happens.. If even a few people are interested, we can make a thing out of it. Anyone‘s suggestions/routes are more than welcome. Pace will be based on whoever shows up, but definitely an accommodating one, if anyone needs it to be so.

I'd be interested, hit me up next week, I'll meet you at the Kennedy commons Tim's
I’ll post a quick reminder/confirmation again next week the morning of, but the time and place have been set.
Two of us went out today... Was real nice. We covered about 315 kms and got back around 10pm. Doesn’t have to be that long, as I said above, pace, duration, etc can be based on whoever shows up. We’d have a quick chat before hand to go over housekeeping matters and a quick meet and greet then head out.

I’ll post a quick reminder/confirmation again next week the morning of, but the time and place have been set.
Two of us went out today... Was real nice. We covered about 315 kms and got back around 10pm. Doesn’t have to be that long, as I said above, pace, duration, etc can be based on whoever shows up. We’d have a quick chat before hand to go over housekeeping matters and a quick meet and greet then head out.
Your approach already seems like a recipe for success. Hope these weekly meets work out.
If you ever need some ideas for roads/routes - look at the sticky in the cruising/touring forum.
(y)

Your approach already seems like a recipe for success. Hope these weekly meets work out.
If you ever need some ideas for roads/routes - look at the sticky in the cruising/touring forum.
(y)
Thx! Was just browsing through those yesterday. Really looking forward to exploring, especially some of the Muskoka routes.

Weekend is fast approaching.. I’m looking forward to Sunday. For the record, I’ve been on my share of rides — spirited and otherwise, but I’m typically a follower, not a leader/planner. Anyone with more experience in that realm, feel free to step up and lead or offer advice. I’ll gladly lead it if no one else does, but when I started the idea of reviving this, I just wanted to make it a thing again, not necessarily my thing.

Last Sunday, for all of two of us, went rather well. This Sunday, planning to head towards Niagara on the Lake, scenic route to Niagara Falls, then towards Port Colborn and in the direction of Dunnville, before gunning back to Toronto. I think I calculated around 380 clicks ‘as the car drives’ (might be longer for us as we’re going it the fun way hopefully).

? I’d be down for that but seems a bit long now that I put it in writing. Guess that’s why I’m typing this now... Give me feedback/advice/suggestions. Last Sunday was 315 km, we left at 2pm, we’re back by 10pm But we wasted quite a bit of time hanging out.

Again, other suggestions welcome. Anyone who knows that neck of the woods/knows leading feel free to step up. Otherwise, no keyboard warriors ranting later on — only constructive criticism.

I lead a fair number of rides each year, but they are much longer in duration, because that's what appeals to me. You learn as you go. Personally, I prefer to start earlier than 2pm as it affords flexibility to the route, to either do more or less as the ride moves on. I also keep a rough schedule in my mind of where I need to be at certain points along the way in order to be home by a specific time. Knowing where some ideal gas/washroom/break stops are in advance goes a long way.

But quite simply, if the two of you went out and had a nice ride and both came home with a smile on your face, then it was a success.

Since you are leaving from Scarborough, I would say head north or northeast or east for more scenic and interesting areas without the traffic of passing through Toronto and the GTA. Even a 315km round trip from Kennedy Commons could take you on a nice loop up towards Peterborough and back or Lake Simcoe, or anywhere in between. Lot's of scenic places along the way to pull over and take a break and hang out for a bit and then get back on the bikes and continue on. Even the Scarborough roads like Kennedy and McCowan are nice once you are north of the city.

If you want a location to go check out, go stop at the Kirkfield causeway on Centennial Park Road. It's one of my favourite in that range to stop and take a break. Then whip over to the lift lock nearby: Trent Severn Waterway, Lock 36 - Kirkfield Lift Lock to Kawartha Lakes County Rd 33

I lead a fair number of rides each year, but they are much longer in duration, because that's what appeals to me. You learn as you go. Personally, I prefer to start earlier than 2pm as it affords flexibility to the route, to either do more or less as the ride moves on. I also keep a rough schedule in my mind of where I need to be at certain points along the way in order to be home by a specific time. Knowing where some ideal gas/washroom/break stops are in advance goes a long way.

But quite simply, if the two of you went out and had a nice ride and both came home with a smile on your face, then it was a success.

Since you are leaving from Scarborough, I would say head north or northeast or east for more scenic and interesting areas without the traffic of passing through Toronto and the GTA. Even a 315km round trip from Kennedy Commons could take you on a nice loop up towards Peterborough and back or Lake Simcoe, or anywhere in between. Lot's of scenic places along the way to pull over and take a break and hang out for a bit and then get back on the bikes and continue on. Even the Scarborough roads like Kennedy and McCowan are nice once you are north of the city.

If you want a location to go check out, go stop at the Kirkfield causeway on Centennial Park Road. It's one of my favourite in that range to stop and take a break. Then whip over to the lift lock nearby: Trent Severn Waterway, Lock 36 - Kirkfield Lift Lock to Kawartha Lakes County Rd 33
Will look up some of what you said there and check it out. I like the early starts but lately the only early starts I can do are Fridays which probably aren’t so ideal for most. But all sound advice. Thx.

Looking to be a wet one in all directions after all..

Sunday rides will get more support if you head out earlier. A bit cooler for the early part of the day and a whole lots less traffic. A 350km loop that starts at 9 finishes by 3-4pm, before cottage traffic jams the run home, early enough for family folks to meet other weekend obligations.

Sunday rides will get more support if you head out earlier. A bit cooler for the early part of the day and a whole lots less traffic. A 350km loop that starts at 9 finishes by 3-4pm, before cottage traffic jams the run home, early enough for family folks to meet other weekend obligations.
I fully agree. That’s what I will aim for next week. Reason I even suggested 1:30 was in keeping with the title of the thread. Will see how the weather is next week and aim for something much earlier.
Would just really like to get another weekly ride starting out if Scarborough going again.

Back
Top Bottom