SBTG Awesome deals | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SBTG Awesome deals

I love my exo 700. Got a new shoei x eleven and they are comparable in my eyes. Shoei has superior vents and a bit less noisy. The exo 700 is definitely an awesome helmet for the price, I would buy another if I hadn't gotten the shoei.

I've bought a number of items from SBTG but have always had them shipped to a cottage in upstate NY so haven't had any concerns over shipping duty. A word of advise, find out what method they use to ship. If it's with FedEX or UPS you'll get dinged for extra charges even if the item isn't subject to duty. Both companies charge you a clearing fee to bring items into Canada. You can pre-register with FedEx which will save some dollars. USPS is the best bet however they may not ship using them.

They ship usps and then its handed over to canada post at the border

For me personally, I'd go pick it up at CBIUSA... If I'm going to pay tax anyways when it crosses the border, I rather have it with me than having to wait 3 weeks for it. Custom delays is ridiculous...3 weeks for my jacket! The prices are so much better in the states that I still save if I make the trip over...and I live on the EAST end of Markham...

I gotta wait 3 weeks?! kind of a bummer.. Hope it doesnt that long, but if it does its ok as I still have my old helmet to ride around with.

My other choice to purchase was the speed and strength ss1000 helmet at Royal during there no tax sale. I hope I bought the better helmet

For me personally, I'd go pick it up at CBIUSA... If I'm going to pay tax anyways when it crosses the border, I rather have it with me than having to wait 3 weeks for it. Custom delays is ridiculous...3 weeks for my jacket! The prices are so much better in the states that I still save if I make the trip over...and I live on the EAST end of Markham...

I am pretty sure it was an unusual case for your jacket being held 3 weeks. The longest I've waited was 9 days (includes weekend) and all my gear is from the states. You save shipping by going to CBIUSA, but you spend that in gas. Having it shipped to you, you may get lucky, did not get charged tax on my jacket.

You guys also have the option to rent a mailbox in Niagara and have it shipped their with UPS or fedex (faster than USPS and free from SBTG). Then ride over and pick it up and if you wear it you don't have to claim it for tax.

FYI, if you don't want to lose the box or container the item came in simply have it shipped to your address. They can't charge duty or tax for empty containers.

Just send jay an email and he will bury the shipping for you. Tax they can't do anything about and they have received warnings from customs.

Just as a side note. Motomummy charges $15 for shipping to Canada regardless of order size

...and that last line is why I've never bought from STG, even though no one has ever said a bad thing about them. If they at least *attempted* to be competitive on shipping (and trust me, 'Mummy does it, Solomotoparts does it, and New Enough/Motorcyclegear.com does it, and all are located in the US), they'd probably get my business.

But they don't, so I don't.

...and that last line is why I've never bought from STG, even though no one has ever said a bad thing about them. If they at least *attempted* to be competitive on shipping (and trust me, 'Mummy does it, Solomotoparts does it, and New Enough/Motorcyclegear.com does it, and all are located in the US), they'd probably get my business.

You're canadian, so everyone feels the need to make money off you.

You're canadian, so everyone feels the need to make money off you.

Nah, it's just STG - everyone of those other shops I mentioned feels it's better to have my repeat business than to gouge me on shipping. :thumbup:

I don't exclusively shop at sbtg, but they are pretty competitive on some of their sales. I think they still have some exo-400s at 59.99. When they had the bigger sale, I had a lid shipped $105 to my door. That's just an example, but even with the shipping price included, you could still grab a deal.

I highly recommend them. Got my EXO-1000 helmet for $100 + $30 shipping. With the at par dollar it doesn't get any better than that.

They even let me exchange it when the first one didn't fit properly - communication was always prompt and very polite.

Out of curiousity do the other shops price match? If they do I'll shop there more :p

You know LiNK, that is a very good question - one I've never really asked (nor had I ever thought of it i.e. to price shop around). I've always been happy with what I found, and never really questioned pricing...

No harm in trying, however. :eek:ccasion5:

You know LiNK, that is a very good question - one I've never really asked (nor had I ever thought of it i.e. to price shop around). I've always been happy with what I found, and never really questioned pricing...

No harm in trying, however. :eek:ccasion5:

No point in saving $15 on shipping when the list price is $50 more :p

No point in saving $15 on shipping when the list price is $50 more :p

Nah, my comment is based on apples-to-apples comparisons i.e. full retail price (this helmet may be a closeout pricing by STG, etc. that other retailers won't/can't match).

I also highly recommend them. Went down to pick up some track bodywork last weekend as they don't ship massive boxes to Canada and have nothing but compliments to give them. I had a good chat with Jiggawat Jake about his tire budget for 2010 being $10,000... and he helped me pick out a A* suit.

Tried a couple on (HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED before buying, I thought I was a 42 when looking at the size charts online, almost bought one at 42 due to a sale and this particular suit fit me best at a 38). So I ended up leaving with a $900 suit for $600 and the invoice to help with board crossing only reading $399. Great guys, and turns out when I got to the boarder with a truck full of bodywork and a leather suit (which they also gave me a reciept for a lower amount), the boarder guy must have wanted to get off work early and let me go no taxes or duty... Didn't even want to see the reciepts. Good weekend for me...

I can't recommend SBTG enough! Their service is amazing. Hell, you can just email them a random product question and someone will get back to you with a well-educated answer within 12 hours. :)

What was the duty on the tires.

I`m thinking of ordering these tires .They seem like a pretty good deal .

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=8425

They got shipped to an address in Detroit, and we had someone bring them over (We're in Windsor). So I don't know what the duty would of been if they were shipped. But the price he paid was way lower than the price in your link.

Back
Top Bottom