Sandbanks Parking Warning, Ouch | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sandbanks Parking Warning, Ouch

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I was talking to a friend down that way and he mentioned the massive fines, $400.

My wife ran into another PEC resident and he said it was even worse.

You don't get a ticket. It's like photo radar. They take a picture of your car and send you the fine. If you 're touring the area and park a couple of times, thinking you're getting away with it, you might come home to a serious cash flow problem.

I was talking to a friend down that way and he mentioned the massive fines, $400.

My wife ran into another PEC resident and he said it was even worse.

You don't get a ticket. It's like photo radar. They take a picture of your car and send you the fine. If you 're touring the area and park a couple of times, thinking you're getting away with it, you might come home to a serious cash flow problem.

Well, they are correct, a $35 ticket is barely a consideration for someone that drove down for the day and can't find parking. Outside Holt-Renfrew on Bloor used to be similar. People would just park on Bloor and the ticket was only a few percent of what they were spending that day. Toronto started towing cars parked on Bloor and the problem went away quickly.

Not a boat person, but their changes to boat launches seem strange. If you replace a launch fee with a daily parking fee... isn't that going to *increase* congestion at the launch? Or maybe people were parking illegally near the launches and this is meant to solve that problem instead, IDK.

This doesn't make sense as a strategy to discourage illegal parking, can anybody back this up? Seems like it would just increase the hassle for all parties, unless they're just trying to avoid fistfights over $400 parking tickets

This doesn't make sense as a strategy to discourage illegal parking, can anybody back this up? Seems like it would just increase the hassle for all parties, unless they're just trying to avoid fistfights over $400 parking tickets
The proposed system doesn't help this weekend but it avoids confrontation, avoids people being angry and damaging or stealing on the way out and makes next weekend better (assuming they get the tickets out quickly). After getting a $400+ present in the mail, you can bet they will be looking for legal places to park next time (or avoiding PEC).

All municipalities are having issues with beaches and waterfront parks. The visitors contribute almost nothing to the local economy (vendors are distant so they bring their own) but the local municipality incurs costs (police/bylaw, cleaning, maintenance, etc). Barrie put waterfront parking up to $50 a day to account for this (from <$10). Georgina has been $35 or more for years.

Anything that says you have to have your plate displayed while parked? Or would they tow you?

I recall there is a law that an unplated vehicle can’t be on the street, or even in your driveway in some jurisdictions.
What if there was accidentally a sheet with the mayor's plate number sloppily taped over it and all the other nearby vehicles while you were parked?

What if there was accidentally a sheet with the mayor's plate number sloppily taped over it and all the other nearby vehicles while you were parked?
Oddly specific…especially if you know the mayor…

Oddly specific…especially if you know the mayor…
Nah, just read the article which said there was a mayor of that oddball place.

Wouldn't want to put a random number, and get someone else in trouble.
If they accidentally ding the mayor, they'll fix it tout suite!

Back
Top Bottom