Safety first! Helmets should be compulsory for everyone. Accidents do not happen on the basis of religion. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safety first! Helmets should be compulsory for everyone. Accidents do not happen on the basis of religion.

Catholic school teachers and students aren't required to wear helmets? Wow, I learn something new every day. :rolleyes:

A Roman Catholic wearing a turban could technically be exempt, but only males because no females wear turbans. Is it getting any clearer? Cops earn every dollar, that is a job that I would never have, even for twice the pay.

A Roman Catholic wearing a turban could technically be exempt, but only males because no females wear turbans. Is it getting any clearer? Cops earn every dollar, that is a job that I would never have, even for twice the pay.

Where is the facepalm smilie when you need one.

You wouldnt work as a cop in Canada for 140-260K?
You wouldnt direct traffic outside sporting events and concerts for $136 per hour?

You wouldnt work as a cop in Canada for 140-260K?
You wouldnt direct traffic outside sporting events and concerts for $136 per hour?

My understanding is they make close to or over $100K for the average cop. The figures you quote are for lots of over-time and senior positions. It's a tough job and is one reason why RCMP and OPP officer suicide rates are at an all-time high. What's the use in making money while slowly going insane? One job that I would never want.

My understanding is they make close to or over $100K for the average cop. The figures you quote are for lots of over-time and senior positions. It's a tough job and is one reason why RCMP and OPP officer suicide rates are at an all-time high. What's the use in making money while slowly going insane? One job that I would never want.
OPP recorded 23 suicides in the last 20 years which included retired officers. There was one major anomoly, 2018 that saw 9 suicides. 2019 seems to be more typical, so far this year the count is 1. The suicide rate in Canada is 11.5/100,000, OPP rate with the anomaly year removed is substantially lower at around 8.5/100K. Also remember that OPP counts retired officer suicides but does not count the retired members in the 'community'. If this was factored into the calculation, the numbers would be lower still.

That said, the 2018 anomaly is not to be dismissed, it may be an indication that something is really wrong.

Since becoming funded by the government, you do not need to be catholic to attend a catholic school.

Completely agree with your golden rule. The fact remains this law is unfair and exclusionary.
Nope many require a certificate of baptism in Ontario

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

In other words there isnt any evidence to suggest that police officers are more at risk to suicide that others.
No, you said you wouldnt do it for "twice the pay". So I doubled what the range that they usually get is.
Medics and first responders dont get paid anywhere near that. Whats the suicide rate among that group?
Being a cop isnt an easy job but they have it really easy here compared to the rest of the world and are well compensated vs everywhere else.

You are correct...previous poster is delusional...I know many cops...look at public salary disclusure....I dont include Metro Toronto...they should make 500k...I know many that have left Toronto to literally save their lives for 50% pay cut in municipal small town or OPP

You are correct...previous poster is delusional...I know many cops...look at public salary disclusure....I dont include Metro Toronto...they should make 500k...I know many that have left Toronto to literally save their lives for 50% pay cut in municipal small town or OPP
Your delusional. Thinking it should pay the same as the top 10% pay grade for a surgeon.
Everything I said is true.
The police have it easy here when you compare what they go through in the US or Mexico or pretty much anywhere outside of Canada, Australia, Scandanavia. They certainly dont get paid 120K in those places either.

I grew up in Northern Ireland during the tail end of the "troubles" when the British Army and RUC(police) patrolled the streets in armoured vehicles.
There was a pretty good chance you could wind up dead everyday. What they go through here is a walk in the park in comparison. Not an easy job thats for sure but nothing compared to other parts of the world.
7-IRA-gunmen-PACEMAKERBELFAST-1.jpg

Last edited:
PSUs in Canada all have tight grip on the public purse, name a gov't profession (outside medical and military)where the pay and benefits are aligned with the public sector?

Your delusional. Thinking it should pay the same as the top 10% pay grade for a surgeon.
Everything I said is true.
The police have it easy here when you compare what they go through in the US or Mexico or pretty much anywhere outside of Canada, Australia, Scandanavia. They certainly dont get paid 120K in those places either.

I grew up in Northern Ireland during the tail end of the "troubles" when the British Army and RUC(police) patrolled the streets in armoured vehicles.
There was a pretty good chance you could wind up dead everyday. What they go through here is a walk in the park in comparison. Not an easy job thats for sure but nothing compared to other parts of the world.
7-IRA-gunmen-PACEMAKERBELFAST-1.jpg

That top 10% pay grade has a very wide range. Police officers don’t get paid the same as surgeons. If you’re bothered by it there’s a simple solution, join the ranks?

Being a cop isn't an easy job but they have it really easy here compared to the rest of the world and are well compensated vs everywhere else.

For sure. There are many other countries in so much social and economic decay where honest effective policing is virtually impossible. So police stop being police and become judge, jury and executioner. As much as there can always be improvement, we've got to be thankful here.

Nope many require a certificate of baptism in Ontario

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

You can send any kids to catholic school - if there's a population problem, they can deny you if you're not catholic to provide a spot to someone that is. But these days, you don't have to be catholic anymore.

Also, in regards to a catholic just putting a turban on, I think you'd have to be able to prove you're a practicing sikh in court. I'm unsure about this, but pretty sure its not just putting one on and getting out of a ticket.

Frankly, a turban at speed wouldn't exactly be fun in the wind I suspect.

Did you read what was wrote above my post?

Fair enough, my mistake. Still, I think police pay is fine. They have to deal with the dregs of society on a daily basis and take abuse and assume considerable risk most days. It’s not something I’d want to do.

I want an exemption from paying taxes due to my religious beliefs.....do you think it will fly ?

Fair enough, my mistake. Still, I think police pay is fine. They have to deal with the dregs of society on a daily basis and take abuse and assume considerable risk most days. It’s not something I’d want to do.

Take abuse everyday?

I want an exemption from paying taxes due to my religious beliefs.....do you think it will fly ?
Do you live in a church?

Back
Top Bottom