Safety Certificate | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safety Certificate

kruzuki

I need to get my bike safetied. There's a guy on Kijiji that advertises that he comes to you for $100.00.
Has anyone here used this guy?
Is this legal?
I'll gladly pay $100.00 for the convenience.

Here we go again…

Give me $50 and I'll come safety your bike. I'll even hand write the safety inspection certificate myself.

While its not "legal", it's probably still a legit safety for you. If he gets caught, he'll be in trouble. Look up Rosey Toes, he used to do legit safeties, but they weren't legal because they weren't done on his premises.

While its not "legal", it's probably still a legit safety for you. If he gets caught, he'll be in trouble. Look up Rosey Toes, he used to do legit safeties, but they weren't legal because they weren't done on his premises.

Absolutely. It is im sure a "legit" safety. When he gets caught he will end up getting his papers yanked by the MTO as Rosey Toes did.

Anyway, back to my original question.

Any one use this service?

I have a Temp plate and I also have a bike shop arond the corner from home and another down the block from my office as well as my usual service centre (Rocket Cycle). I can easliy ride my bike to any of these places, no problem, (except for the shyte weather) but if I can get someone to come to me, why the heck not?
I'm busy and like the convenience.

Because you are not a licensed facility. Basically MTO says your garage is not equipped for them to do a proper job.

I have a Temp plate and I also have a bike shop arond the corner from home and another down the block from my office as well as my usual service centre (Rocket Cycle). I can easliy ride my bike to any of these places, no problem, (except for the shyte weather) but if I can get someone to come to me, why the heck not?

Advertising on here what you are looking for, means whomever replies seriously accepting to help you, has the potential to get in serious trouble. This is not the place to be requested illegal services. This forum has caused people before to get caught.

Home safeties are illegal. Please stop getting people in trouble for helping riders out. I'd hate to see GTAM **** over another mechanic that is trying to help the community.

As I originally wrote, I am not asking for a referral for this service, I am asking if anyone has used the service that I saw advertised on Kijiji.

My question has absolutely nothing to do with "getting people into trouble".

You are that busy that you can't ride to the shop that's right around the corner from your home to get a safety? It's not like the garage has to take the bike apart and reassemble it.

Temp plate is for 10 days. This weather is not condusive to riding.

If it's any of your business, I have a busy job & children and other obligations that sometimes require a convenient alternative if it's available. But thanks for your comments.

BTW, I've bought and sold over 20 bikes and I am intimately aware of the certification process.

Last edited:
If you're that busy, where will you find time to ride? Seriously, if you want to be safe and make sure you're around to see the kids grow up, get the bike to a shop that will check it over properly. That cannot be done in your driveway, despite what some people on Kijiji might want you to believe.

Absolutely. It is im sure a "legit" safety. When he gets caught he will end up getting his papers yanked by the MTO as Rosey Toes did.

..Wait so can Ted still give safeties?

I don't understand why I have to explain my situation re: riding?

I find time to ride. I used to average 10,000-12,000 km/year. Over the past 2 years I ride about 3000km if I'm lucky. Four kids, job, house, etc. etc.
....... Many priorites over and above motorcycling, yet I always have a bike.

If he's a certified mechanic willing to come to my house and give me a legal safety certificate for my bike, in my own garage, why not?

Last edited:
It would appear by the replies that no one here has used the kijiji service for "home" safties. If you require this service then it would make sense that you simply call and get it done. You clearly state you know what you are doing, so what risk is it to you ?

Stop posting replies and get er done

end thread

I wasn't aware that there were any issues with Ted giving safety certificates, he did mine mid-march. Did something happen between then and now?

Back
Top Bottom