Sølve Raaen | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sølve Raaen

Solver

Hi, I just joint the forum. Rides a 02 Honda VFR800 VTEC. Been through the RR problems and at the moment I am struggling with the Left front caliper, second master.
I live in south east of Norway and ride in Norway and Europe.

Cool! is it nice there?
can you show a photo or link a parts diagram to show the part and do you have a service manual?

I found a service manual for the 98 to 01, how different is it?

Hi,
On top of the left front caliper there is a secondary master cylinder that activates the rear brakes. This is leaking so my rear brake disappears. I have ordered a set of used calipers from UK. Expect to get them next week.

Is it a Nisin 4 piston calliper ? non abs

oh, the linked brake kind of secondary master, can you buy the rebuild parts from Honda,
or is used a good solution for that too. You can rebuild them if it's not physically damaged or the aluminum parts corroded, its messy and not easy.
carlsalter.com has a free service manual download for the VFR800FI Interceptor if that is of any value to you

Last edited:
Parts manual exploded diagram is your friend, it's also handy for putting things back together in the right order, there is about 6 tiny parts to a brake piston master.

Hi, I just joint the forum. Rides a 02 Honda VFR800 VTEC. Been through the RR problems and at the moment I am struggling with the Left front caliper, second master.
I live in south east of Norway and ride in Norway and Europe.
Welcome.

Hej, I lived in Stockholm for 4 years in the 90s. Never made it to Norway, but I miss Scandinavia.

Welcome.

My .02c

Get rid of the linked system. Just run stainless steel lines from the master cylinder direct to the calipers.

A long way from the GTA, but welcome none the less.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

My .02c

Get rid of the linked system. Just run stainless steel lines from the master cylinder direct to the calipers.

A long way from the GTA, but welcome none the less.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Glad you said that, I was going to suggest putting a nice set of custom Brembo's front and back and trash the experi mental brake system. But it sounds expensive.

Back
Top Bottom