Royal Enfield Scrambler | GTAMotorcycle.com

Royal Enfield Scrambler

looks cool, im sure if it sells well the brass will decide to mass produce for all markets

Would you pay 14+ grand canadian for a bike with Bybre brakes?

imported, taxed and out the door, unless heavily discounted by the manuafcturer you'd be close to $16,500 cdn if the articles MSRP is correct........ or buy 2 lightly used Ducati scamblers.... or a W800 kawi and trick it out. or buy the Triumph for about the same money but have a prayer of resale.

The Interceptor is $7500 CDN and the Continental is $7,750, I doubt a Scrambler would be much more.
From the article above: "The MSRP is €9,380"

... and I guarantee every road test will slam the bike for having crap for brakes and suspension, because it is fitted with crap for brakes and suspension.

Reactions: J_F
It must not be modded out very much, they are still running the same "Brembo derived callipers" as the 24 horsepower Himalayan. If you made one of those things faster, you would certainly want to put something on there to make it stop better too. Something like current century brakes :|

To me a scrambler is for going places others fear. Therefore when you eventually end up in the muck there will be no one to help you lift it out of the muck. What does it weigh?

And how do you help lift from six feet away?

Would you pay 14+ grand canadian for a bike with Bybre brakes?

What's so bad about Bybre? There was a recall on the calipers of the BMW G310GS and G310R. This sort of thing is common with many OEM manufacturers and it was quickly taken of. I don't think there's been any trouble with the small bore KTMs running Bybres.

The Interceptor is $7500 CDN and the Continental is $7,750, I doubt a Scrambler would be much more.

I agree. It wouldn't be anywhere near 14Gs in Canada. I can't imagine this bike costing any more than a couple of hundred bucks above the Continental.

It looks like a fun little bike. I dig it.

What's so bad about Bybre? There was a recall on the calipers of the BMW G310GS and G310R. This sort of thing is common with many OEM manufacturers and it was quickly taken of. I don't think there's been any trouble with the small bore KTMs running Bybres.

I agree. It wouldn't be anywhere near 14Gs in Canada. I can't imagine this bike costing any more than a couple of hundred bucks above the Continental.

It looks like a fun little bike. I dig it.

Nothing wrong with the maker they do make better brakes, it's the brake model they put on this bike, it's the garbage version. That brake is marginal on a lighter less powerful motorcycle, then they go and put crap abs on marginal brakes for a pile of extra money.

This particular one is modded out by a local Latvian crew

and that's the key to the pricing
OEM is making their margin
then this Latvia crew is making theirs

no different than buying a CB500X with Rally Raid kit
pricing for two very average motorcycles be about the same
way too much

4 piston Bybre on BMW and KTM

s-l300.jpg
H5Q7XAIAUFBIXLUORG2JF5GHFE.jpg

I wouldn't buy that I suggest a nice Tenaci-Wong. I hear they are fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom