Royal Distributing Tent Sale | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Royal Distributing Tent Sale

I popped in after work Saturday . Turns out they are not a Klim dealer even though Klim's website has them listed as a dealer. Went up the street to GP Bikes' no tax sale and picked up a Klim Latitude jacket and pants. Pants had to be ordered in and will take 1-2 weeks apparently but the No Tax thing was worth the congestion in the store. Luckily, GP keeps their Klim gear on the 2nd floor and there were way fewer people up there so I was able to get in, try it all on, give it a detailed going over and out in about 30 min.

I haven't bought any new gear (except helmets and gloves) in 15yrs so I'm a little nervous about the purchase. My Joe Rocket leather is so broken in at this point the whole coat feels like butter! The Klim is stiff but should break in nicely. Will reserve judgment on final fit until I try it on with my helmet and when the pants come in.

Went up the street to GP Bikes' no tax sale and picked up a Klim Latitude jacket and pants. Pants had to be ordered in and will take 1-2 weeks apparently but the No Tax thing was worth the congestion in the store. Luckily, GP keeps their Klim gear on the 2nd floor and there were way fewer people up there so I was able to get in, try it all on, give it a detailed going over and out in about 30 min.

Retiring my JR jacket as well. Ordered a Latitude online from GP. Nice that now the no tax applies to Klim as well. Never used to except for the bike shows.

True, it definitely wasn't cheap. I figure I could justify it since I bought my last jacket in the winter of '03 at the bike show, so I'm sure I'll be wearing this Klim suit until I'm about ready to retire from work! Also, it's SLIGHTLY less obscene when you factor in the rain suit you no longer have to purchase and the space it saves in your panniers not carrying said rain suit.

Is klim what all the cool kids are wearing these days?

I'm a middle aged dude who rides an ST1300 as an escape from driving a minivan and attending endless tea parties. Its been so long now that I don't even remember what it feels like to be cool!

I went to the Innisfil location today, was underwhelmed. Lot of families with kids getting motocross gear, seemed to be where the action was.

Wanted to grab new boots but the selection was pretty slim, but I did grab new gloves and an armoured hoodie I had been eyeing, saved about 100 overall so still worth the drive up.

Is klim what all the cool kids are wearing these days?

Apparently. Don't bother if you're a skinny guy like me. It all fits like a burlap sack, cut for beer bellies. There's only one Klim jacket with a slim Euro cut, and it costs $1200.00. (n)

Apparently. Don't bother if you're a skinny guy like me. It all fits like a burlap sack, cut for beer bellies. There's only one Klim jacket with a slim Euro cut, and it costs $1200.00. (n)
Really? No beer belly here.

Bought a new battery and installed it on the spot. Battery was cheaper at RD than at GPbikes and fortnine, with the added benefit of no HST.

Really? No beer belly here.

Haha...no offense intended. Glad it works for you.

Other than the ridiculously priced Kodiak, I've not found a Klim jacket that fits me correctly. They're all way too big through the middle, too short in the sleeves, and simply not comfortable.

Haha...no offense intended. Glad it works for you.

Other than the ridiculously priced Kodiak, I've not found a Klim jacket that fits me correctly. They're all way too big through the middle, too short in the sleeves, and simply not comfortable.

No offence taken. All good
At 6' 180lbs I'm not skinny but "slim". haha

Apparently. Don't bother if you're a skinny guy like me. It all fits like a burlap sack, cut for beer bellies.

Mine is much more of a taco and pastry belly as apposed to a beer belly. That said, the Klim gear fit me fine except it all fits a little long in the sleeves and in the legs (even with the "short" version of the pants) but most gear is like that for me.

There was some good deals on MX jerseys at the Whitby Store. Looks like they had pants too, but all the heavily reduced ones were long gone. FFIW, The *new* 2019 gear was actually priced cheaper then MSRP / GP BIkes.

Back
Top Bottom