Royal Distributing Tent Sale | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Royal Distributing Tent Sale

Does Royal carry the Klim line? I have found they generally carry bargain gear and equipment but rarely anything top end.

Thats what I've noticed as well. Great place for new riders to get gear. If looking for the best gear it's not the place to go.

Does Royal carry the Klim line? I have found they generally carry bargain gear and equipment but rarely anything top end.
They did last year, though selection was limited. Didn't notice it in this years catalog, I'll have to double check.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Check you sticker prices. I just noticed that their advertised retail price is way above the real price based on their own sticker underneath the red tag which was taped to the box. Red tag claims retail price of 289.99 with 40% off, on sale for 174.88. sticker under tag appear to say original price was 194.00

Now it's no big deal because I wanted this unit and it was still below the original retail price of other retailers/online, but something doesn't sit right with me with this. Or am I just missing something?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

GP bikes did the same thing with the comm systems at the bike show in Jan. What they do is use the price from when the unit first came out....not the price of the unit it is today. For example, 3 years ago unit retailed for $499.99, today it retails for $349.99....they will put the discount on the $499 to make it seem like you are getting a better deal.
Pretty shady, but it is what it is....you got it for less than any other online retailers, but didn't necessarily get the "discount" you thought you were getting.

Pretty sure that is also a violation of consumer protection laws.

It’s not a violation. It’s a bit of a dick move, but it’s not illegal.
I’ll use the prices from the first quote - so an item has an MSRP of $289.99 but they normally sell it for $194.00. However, their sales prices, the 40% off will specify that it’s 40% off MSRP, not 40% off their normal selling price.
Yes, it’s a selling tactic to make people feel like their getting a much better deal than what they really are.
No, it’s not illegal.
This is why you need to do your homework and not blindly trust any company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP bikes did the same thing with the comm systems at the bike show in Jan. What they do is use the price from when the unit first came out....not the price of the unit it is today. For example, 3 years ago unit retailed for $499.99, today it retails for $349.99....they will put the discount on the $499 to make it seem like you are getting a better deal.
Pretty shady, but it is what it is....you got it for less than any other online retailers, but didn't necessarily get the "discount" you thought you were getting.

Super ironic considering they are such an overtly Christian company, proud to show their religious beliefs (which implies morals) yet they pull this kind of crap.

Hmmm might be a reason to drive down to Whitby for the hell of it tomorrow, but I did see the messed up shenanigans with their stickers on FB. Shady shady. I do need pants though...

is it just me or does the royal distributing website suck? It's so hard to online shop there. I've found some great deals from them before so I was wondering if their online presence and ordering is good too....

is it just me or does the royal distributing website suck? It's so hard to online shop there. I've found some great deals from them before so I was wondering if their online presence and ordering is good too....

I hate the website as well though rarely check it out anymore as they never really carry anything I am interested in. Surprised they have not tried to expand out and become a Revzilla or Fort9. Getting into the online shopping world seems like a no brainer.

KLIM has the Whitby store listed as a retailer on their website. I would assume they would all carry KLIM then.

It’s not a violation. It’s a bit of a dick move, but it’s not illegal.
I’ll use the prices from the first quote - so an item has an MSRP of $289.99 but they normally sell it for $194.00. However, their sales prices, the 40% off will specify that it’s 40% off MSRP, not 40% off their normal selling price.
Yes, it’s a selling tactic to make people feel like their getting a much better deal than what they really are.
No, it’s not illegal.
This is why you need to do your homework and not blindly trust any company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that makes sense, 100% dick move. I'm surprised this is not an illegal practice. Something tells me that if this was in Quebec it would never fly. (consumer protection laws in QC are much more strict there).

And here is the thing, i would have still bought the unit would the real price been shown as it was still lower than regular price and i knew the price for the unit model below the one i got so it still made sense to get it.

I hate the website as well though rarely check it out anymore as they never really carry anything I am interested in. Surprised they have not tried to expand out and become a Revzilla or Fort9. Getting into the online shopping world seems like a no brainer.

It looks like they're trying to transition from the flyer-based model to a proper online store. They've been pretty slow about adding items to the online store but it looks like they are finally getting there. I think they started by adding the snowmobile stuff, then ATV/Motocross then street bike stuff last. Seems to be using something pretty similar to the F9 back-end. Hopefully they offer in-store pickup...

KLIM has the Whitby store listed as a retailer on their website. I would assume they would all carry KLIM then.

Just came from there - they didn't have any noteworthy KLIM gear that I could see... just the giant duffel bags that are too heavy for air travel (must be over 10lbs empty).... found a few empty coat hangers with the KLIM logo on it, so I guess they had/have something somewhere. I just couldn't find it.

GP Bikes on the other hand had plenty of KLIM gear and is also having a no HST sale until May 4th.

I went yesterday. Didn't see anything particularly good honestly, but then again...there wasn't much I really needed or wanted. I bought one of the USB adapters that plugs into your battery tender port..and that was it.

I wish I knew the pricing on intercoms better....I looked long and hard at some of them there but didn't know if they were decent (vs old) models...and if the prices were good or not accordingly.

On my way to Royal, msged a guy on kijiji, got a almost new 3 layer icon jacket, 3 layer pants, and boots for 250...

Went to Guelph today... the selection of sizes for most of the dirt bike gear is pretty limited. If you're over a size 32 pant you're almost out of luck... grabbed the last pair of size 36 that was part of their $29.99 selection.

GP has been doing that for years. Try using one of the 20% off coupons from the catalog, thats how they do it.

yep. it sucks. It just shows sticker prices from the catalogs

Took a drive out to Whitby today as I need a new helmet and since my head is oval, Bell fit really well. I was interested in the Bell Race. $199 is a killer price, however they were not Bell "Race" but Bell "Pace". Still a good helmet but not what I was looking for. Suprized they didn't catch that in the flyer.

Got out to the Guelph sale today....kind of a meh for me. Spent about 30 bucks after perusing for 45 minutes.

I did have my eye on a warmer JR jacket, but didn't pull the trigger

Some good deals on shoes at RD. Friend bought the TCX xblend for $290 I think. GP is selling it for $330. Good sale on helmets too, especially Bell star for $200.

LOTS of helmets still in stock at Whitby location, pretty much all sizes from what I could tell. Picked up a couple m/x for just over $100 each (hjc & fox v1)

UkwrfD3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom