Rotella Dino 15W-40 on Sale at CT | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rotella Dino 15W-40 on Sale at CT

ReSTored

About $63 a pail, sale over in a few days. Probably lowest price you're going to see in a while.

$59.99 @ TSC this weekend

Damn...........! That is a great price. Unfortunately for most, there are a lot more CT's around vs. TSC's

Gallon bottles of Rotella 15w40 T4 on sale at TSC for 20.99 this weekend

Are people running this in bikes that stipulate 10w40?

Tens of thousands of people using T4 in their bikes. I have about 80,000KM combined between the 2 bikes in my garage running on it.

It's a very high quality oil and the slightly higher cold weight rating isn't a big deal for MC's that only get used in the warmer months anyways. If you're riding in the cold months (or are one of those people who insist on starting your bike every few weeks all winter long thinking you're doing it a favour, when the reality is the exact opposite) then you should switch to a lower cold viscosity oil for the winter months.

"It's a very high quality oil..."

No it isn't. Rotella is CHEAP oil. The ONLY reason to run Rotella oil in a motorcycle is because it is the cheapest oil available, that is close to "spec" for some motorcycles.
It is funny that all you people recommend Shell Rotella oil for motorcycles. If you ask Shell. the people that make Rotella oil, they will tell you NOT to use it in a motorcycle.
Rotella T4 got reformulated a couple of years ago, and it DOES NOT contain higher levels of ZDDP anymore. It is not "Diesel" oil anymore, Rotella is sold as "Fleet" oil now.

Reactions: TK4
What does "fleet" oil mean?

Sent from my Purple LGG4 using Tapatalk

Fleet oil means a reasonable priced oil for a fleet of trucks, usually bought by the 45 gal barrel.

The Shell website, and the packaging states T4 is a suitable diesel oil, and suitable for fleet use. I use it in my diesel engine, I do not use it in my motorcycle, but thats just me, thousands of others use it .

T4 is suitable for a fleet of mixed gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. Rotella T was Shell's best engine oil before synthetics were common place, is military spec and you can use it in your Willy's jeep, Sherman tank, Mack truck or your Lancaster bomber.

Two things happen to oil in a diesel engine, one it gets really hot and two it gets really dirty, because diesel fuel burns hot and dirty.

If you have a relatively new bike, maybe one that stipulates use of synthetic oil and/or has a catalytic converter then Rotella T4 dino is not for you.

My ST engine was designed in the late eighties and produced 1990 through 2002. T4 works well in my 2002 and, as has been said, thousands ( tens of thousands ) use it in their motorcycles with good results. In following ST forums for 15+ years I've never heard or read about a single oil related failure of any type.

Ask Shell what "Fleet" means.
One thing: now that Rotella is suitable for late model gas engines with catalytic converters, they HAD to lower the ZDDP levels. ZDDP will clog the cat.
That means oil with a picture of a motorcycle on the bottle will have more ZDDP than Rotella.

... and before we start comparing diesel oil in a truck to diesel oil in a motorcycle: Trucks are designed to have LONG oil change intervals. Trucks have multiple HUGE air filters, as many as 7 oil filters, oil coolers and carry as much as 22 GALLONS of oil. Your bike doesn't.

Oil bath air filter, even better, they can easy hold a couple pounds of dirt.
Is the only air filter that can survive on a farm tractor for long.

Back
Top Bottom