Rosey Toes Safety | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rosey Toes Safety

architect

Site Supporter
What does a typical safety inspection involve?

Ted came over and flicked the lights around, checked the chain while telling me to lube it, and that was about it. Mentioned the steering was a bit stiff too. I thought he'd gave to taken things apart a little.

I think he'll safety anything that starts :p

I'm not complaining, I knew the bike would pass safety anyway as it was well taken care of by previous owner. Just seems like $80 for a piece of paper haha.

How much are safeties typically?

What does a typical safety inspection involve?

Ted came over and flicked the lights around, checked the chain while telling me to lube it, and that was about it. Mentioned the steering was a bit stiff too. I thought he'd gave to taken things apart a little.

I think he'll safety anything that starts :p

I'm not complaining, I knew the bike would pass safety anyway as it was well taken care of by previous owner. Just seems like $80 for a piece of paper haha.

How much are safeties typically?
the price with Ted will depend on the alignment of the stars and the moon.

I paid 60 and he didn't have to come over to my place, so you got a good price.

if you want a safety done so you can get your plate and stickers for a fair price and no hassles go to Ted.

if you are really concerned about your safety and want a detail safety then go somewhere else.

A safety is the only thing I would let Ted do on my bike.

by the way, no one takes anything a part on a safety, you may be expecting to much

Cool, thanks for the response. Just not sure what it involved, but yeah, I got my piece of paper, which is what I wanted.

I think he touched my bike for a total of 20 seconds.

Ted spent about 10 minutes on my bike. He checked all my lights, including the brake light, wheels, steering, horn. He was somewhat thorough.

Still, if you are interested in safety, check everything on your bike yourself. No safety certificate inspection will guarantee safety of the bike, only that it complies with legislated safety regulations, such as having a front headlight on all the time, you have brakes, a horn. If these things are all present you are good to go.

he only checks the electrical, chain, tires... thats about it $40 bucks money well spent

He checks a lot more....he does have years of experience....if he doesnt get down on the floor and go over the bike with a fine tooth comb doesnt mean that he neglects to make sure that its safe.

If its SAFE he usually passes it....he doesnt let everybike pass either...if you want to discuss further PM me

When he safetied my bike he didn't even turn my bike on. (only turned the key to accessory to test lights). He didn't check my forks or anything IIRC.

Then he spent 5 minutes pissing on the side of the neighbour's house lol.

I already knew the bike was good to go though, just needed the paper for licensing.

When he safetied my bike he didn't even turn my bike on. (only turned the key to accessory to test lights). He didn't check my forks or anything IIRC.

Then he spent 5 minutes pissing on the side of the neighbour's house lol.

I already knew the bike was good to go though, just needed the paper for licensing.

bike doesn't have to run to pass safety.

Passing a safety has little to do with a vehicle being safe. There are certain things that must be checked (i.e. tire wear, working lights, working horn, etc.). Other things that matter (like wheel bearings, working shocks, etc.) are not on the list and are very important. The piece of paper that the mechanic signs costs him ~$15 last time I checked, so the mechanics aren't getting rich off these.

If you actually want to make sure your bike is up to par, make sure you tell the mechanic that, most mechanics now seem to do the bare minimum and then sign (which is what we want most of the time so we can transfer title).

bike doesn't have to run to pass safety.
Not only does a bike have to run it has to be able to get to at least 30KM/HR

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_900611_e.htm#BK13
(7) With the service brakes properly adjusted, the service brake system shall be tested by stopping the motorcycle on a substantially level, dry, smooth, paved surface free from loose material and, from a rate of speed of not less than 30 kilometres per hour, with heavy pedal or, where applicable, heavy pedal and lever control force,

everybody in southern ontario knows about teds safety's. you must be really slow over there at the non dealership cycleworld, you know the place that is riding on the old name and location of pugsly land. i guess you didnt write very many safety's this year, or for the past 18 years, cause ted does them all.

everybody in southern ontario knows about teds safety's. you must be really slow over there at the non dealership cycleworld, you know the place that is riding on the old name and location of pugsly land. i guess you didnt write very many safety's this year, or for the past 18 years, cause ted does them all.

who are you replying to?

Ted Rose is the motorcyclist friend -- terrific guy, a brother, very generous with his time and advice. You mess with him, you mess with me ;->

f

My post had absolutly nothing to do with Ted or his safeties but was ONLY to let a fellow rider know that the old wives tale that they thought was true, is not the way it is. Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are certain things that must be checked (i.e. tire wear, working lights, working horn, etc.). Other things that matter (like wheel bearings, working shocks, etc.) are not on the list and are very important.

And since I've already been flamed for merely trying to point out a wrong belief I might as well go full hog.

Wheel bearings and shocks are indeed mentioned.

4. (1) Front and rear springs, shock-absorbers, swing arms, their supports and attachments shall not be loose, bent, cracked, broken, excessively worn, disconnected or missing.

(4) Wheel bearings shall be tested by rotating each wheel and no wheel bearing shall,
(a) give any indication of excessive wear or damage; or
(b) be maladjusted so as to result in excessive play or binding.

Just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
He checks a lot more....he does have years of experience....if he doesnt get down on the floor and go over the bike with a fine tooth comb doesnt mean that he neglects to make sure that its safe.

If its SAFE he usually passes it....he doesnt let everybike pass either...if you want to discuss further PM me

No he doesn't do anything more... he only checks the things i mentioned above, also the horn i forgot to say but that's also part of electrical. Just like everyone else i guess after reading this thread. I went there a few times for a few safety certs, always easy pass no hassle. He never starts the engine however.

And since I've already been flamed for merely trying to point out a wrong belief I might as well go full hog.

Wheel bearings and shocks are indeed mentioned.

4. (1) Front and rear springs, shock-absorbers, swing arms, their supports and attachments shall not be loose, bent, cracked, broken, excessively worn, disconnected or missing.

(4) Wheel bearings shall be tested by rotating each wheel and no wheel bearing shall,
(a) give any indication of excessive wear or damage; or
(b) be maladjusted so as to result in excessive play or binding.

Just saying
Butt Butters

oh god if someone is really following everything stated in this document, $100 is well worth it every time

Back
Top Bottom