Roads to/from Deals Gap! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roads to/from Deals Gap!

For motels I'm a fan of Microtel, it's a bit cheaper cause their rooms are really tiny, but if you're just there to sleep who cares.

Probably ridden about 500 of these in the last 4 days and still 7 more days to go!
IMG_1801-5K.jpg

Wayah Road?
Honestly I have no idea right now, but it was well north of the Smoky Mountains, because we only got here today. I’d have to check the times of the pics from yesterday and match against the route, but it was an awesome road!

Those routes I posted earlier in this thread were pretty insane and many of the roads rival the popular ones people take down like the snake or back of the dragon etc...

Just arrived at Ironhorse and then did a 28/129 rip. Weeknights are so nice because the really good riders are out (avoiding the weekend craziness) and I learned so much just watching them take the corners.

Edit: just looked and it's Burke's Garden. The road going up and down that area is amazing. Super tight, technical and had me thinking I was stupid for not doing it all these years and just doing the back of the dragon (VA16) instead. Highly recommended if you like the really tight, hilly stuff.
1652318120604.png

Last edited:
We were supposed to be leaving tomorrow for TN with the gap and Cherohala planned for Wednesday and then working our way Northeast doing all the good roads along the way as per my earlier post on the issue.

And boom, the exact same thing that happened last time has happened again - a Gulf Stream weather system is parking itself right over the whole area for 2-3 days right square in the middle of the week complete with rainfall, thunderstorm, and flash flood warnings.

I’m gutted.

Last time this happened we just did a completely unplanned NY/PA alternative totally winging it, and we may do that again, but FML I just can’t win with TN/VA.

We were supposed to be leaving tomorrow for TN with the gap and Cherohala planned for Wednesday and then working our way Northeast doing all the good roads along the way as per my earlier post on the issue.

And boom, the exact same thing that happened last time has happened again - a Gulf Stream weather system is parking itself right over the whole area for 2-3 days right square in the middle of the week complete with rainfall, thunderstorm, and flash flood warnings.

I’m gutted.

Last time this happened we just did a completely unplanned NY/PA alternative totally winging it, and we may do that again, but FML I just can’t win with TN/VA.
We just got back.

It started pouring last night as we left the Gap.

Forecast said it is supposed to rain 20mm on Tuesday.

We were supposed to be there for a couple more days... made the call to head home early. 14 hour drive... truck and trailer. Switch drove between four of us.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I did the area in May of 2018. Was forecast to rain the whole time we planed to go. Went anyway and it rained hard on the way down. Out of the 6 days we were on the road it rained just that one day.
I think If I always waited for perfect weather, I'd never go anywhere.

I did the area in May of 2018. Was forecast to rain the whole time we planed to go. Went anyway and it rained hard on the way down. Out of the 6 days we were on the road it rained just that one day.
I think If I always waited for perfect weather, I'd never go anywhere.
A buddy has a saying (usually heard while putting on rain gear) "It rarely rains all day everywhere"

We did go anyways. Had one total washout day but it is what it is. I’ll post a recap later.

Back
Top Bottom