Right to die legislation. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Right to die legislation.

Delboy

I heard it was sent to the Senate. Does anyone have the Coles Notes version?

Although my inner cynic can't help but think it's related to CPP and OHIP funding constraints and anticipated future food shortages due to the effects of global warming out west.... Mmmmmm, Soylent Green anyone?

Last edited:
I tried to wade through what I could find on-line but it just seemed so confusing, rushed and generally half assed that I gave up. Although it is a government initiative...

If I really was suffering I'd just inject myself with snake venom

If I really was suffering I'd just inject myself with snake venom

Death by hanging is still the least painful way and nearly instantaneous.

But, you need someone to help you with that because doing it yourself often results in improper hanging and not death (just lots of pain).

I heard it was the guillotine. A doctor was proposing anaesthetising people that were being executed and using the guillotine as it takes a second for the brain to loose conscious.

A lot of gore for those watching but quick for the victim.

油井緋色;2416968 said:

But, you need someone to help you with that because doing it yourself often results in improper hanging and not death (just lots of pain).
I still think CO is the least painful & easily accessible.
I heard it was the guillotine. A doctor was proposing anaesthetising people that were being executed and using the guillotine as it takes a second for the brain to loose conscious.

A lot of gore for those watching but quick for the victim.
From what I recall, the brain is actually still conscious for a few seconds

A surgeon told me about five to eight seconds IIRC.
There's this story I read long time ago. I'm not sure if was Thomas Moore, but the king cut off his head & just before he went up to the guillotine he told the king he would give him a wink after. Sure enough have winked a few times just before his head went into the basket.

The king lost his mind

I think that's why he proposed an anaesthetic first.

It couldn't be any worse for the victim than some of the screw ups that have gone on with lethal injection and the electric chair.

You're correct about CO being the most accessible but least painful is still hanging.

If you're hung correctly, some fancy nerve gets collapsed in your spine and stops transmitting signals to everything. Everything literally stops working.

With CO, it takes around 2-3 minutes. That gives you time to chicken out, cry, think about your loved ones, etc.

........this is a rather dark subject lol

油井緋色;2417534 said:
If you're hung correctly, some fancy nerve gets collapsed in your spine and stops transmitting signals to everything. Everything literally stops working.

l

Lol are you sure?

Disconnecting nerves from the head to the rest of the body has no effect on the brain. Nerves from the brain is actually used to control the body, that's it. Blood pressure (ie supply of O2) blacks out the brain & lack of glucose makes you dizzy. That's about it

I heard it was sent to the Senate. Does anyone have the Coles Notes version?

Although my inner cynic can't help but think it's related to CPP and OHIP funding constraints and anticipated future food shortages due to the effects of global warming out west.... Mmmmmm, Soylent Green anyone?

Soylent Green

From Wikipedia

Plot[edit]
The 20th century's industrialization leaves the world overcrowded, polluted and stagnant. In 2022, with 40 million people in New York City, housing is dilapidated and overcrowded; homeless people fill the streets; many are unemployed, the few "lucky" ones with jobs are only barely scraping by, and food and working technology is scarce. Most of the population survives on rations produced by the Soylent Corporation, whose newest product is Soylent Green, a green wafer advertised to contain "high-energy plankton" from the World Ocean, more nutritious and palatable than its predecessors "Red" and "Yellow", but in short supply.

So we've got another 6 years.

Re the benefits to the government and corporations:

Wynne introduced new inheritance taxes so will get earlier access to those coins while relieving herself of patient care etc.

Commerce doesn't like old people. They don't buy a lot because they've pretty much had anything of importance to them. They don't keep up with fads, need the latest smart phones, video games, not big on clubbing etc. However they have a lot of wealth.

When they die, junior gets the money and whoo hoo let's go shopping.

While there are justified cases for right to die, the legislation is also the thin edge of the wedge.

When the evil Sunday shopping was being debated stores were saying it would only be for a few hours in the afternoon so as not to interfere with church or the family Sunday dinner. Staff wouldn't be forced to work Sunday. How has that worked out?

油井緋色;2416968 said:

No, it is not. First of all, we are not talking about hanging up criminals, or suicidal millennials.

We are talking about people with terminal illnesses (most of them senior citizens, who could be your parents or gran parents). The best way to help them is making them comfortable at home or the hospital, and after they fall asleep (induced), another injection is applied to stop their heart.

Don't get me started with the guillotine.

No, it is not. First of all, we are not talking about hanging up criminals, or suicidal millennials.

We are talking about people with terminal illnesses (most of them senior citizens, who could be your parents or gran parents). The best way to help them is making them comfortable at home or the hospital, and after they fall asleep (induced), another injection is applied to stop their heart.

Don't get me started with the guillotine.

We also have to think of the surviving family holding the loved ones hand as their head gets chopped off or as they drop through a trap door.

Not what they would want to remember.

We had to put down a pet and it gave some comfort to stroke his back and talk to him as the drugs put him under. Beats the ax or noose.

If they get the self driving car program up and running by the time I'm ready to check out I'm going re-route the muffler pipe into my car using a diverter system. Then I can set my destination, TBD, and arrive dead. None of this arrive dead or alive on my last trip. It'll be dead all the way baby!

We can't afford to give you the treatment to cure you illness, but once you get sick enough, we'll spring for the drugs to off you.

I hope she gets head cancer.

I have no problem with right to die legislation, I hope I'm never in need of using the option but we treat our pets better than our blood relatives in our care. I watched my cousin die from cancer for 2 miserable weeks, all she could do was suffer in bed, puke up nothing from the pain meds and that was supposed to be compassionate. Sometimes doing no harm means doing the least harm. Terminal illnesses are rarely beaten and in addition to luck and amazing medical care a desperate will to live is required, even Steve jobs couldn't beat it with all his money and remarkable drive. Fortunately for my cousin's family things were relatively quick, about a month, my friend had to watch her dad slowly die over 3-4 years from Alzheimer's, and if you think it's cruel for the family, imagine how bad it is for someone slowly losing mind and reality to be locked up in a hospital.

I'm all for this legislation, and would support the option being extended to perfectly healthy people, too. Like our PM Captain Haircut and Kathleen Wynne.

I'm all for this legislation, and would support the option being extended to perfectly healthy people, too. Like our PM Captain Haircut and Kathleen Wynne.

uhm the MAJORITY of the population voted for them thus placing them into office to be our leaders

Back
Top Bottom