Riding gear cleaners in KW? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding gear cleaners in KW?

Blackfin

Site Supporter
My riding gear could really use a good cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations in the KW area?

Stuff would be leather Icon Hypersport Prime jacket & pants, Joe Rocket Phoenix 11 high-viz textile jacket, jeans w/armour and Kevlar and maybe my Alpinestars gloves and boots.

Textile gear goes in the washing machine on gentle cycle.Leather gets the "wipe n dab" method with Johnsons Baby shampoo on the synthetic liner and Leather gets clean water,dry and then treat with Feibings leather conditioner.Boots and boots and gloves get worn out.

At the bike show this weekend, look for Drew and/or Sunny at Trackside Cuts, who should be in the roadracing section (hall 4). They use a dry-cleaning process. Did mine last year. They're in St Thomas, which isn't K-W, but at least it's not halfway across the province.

Thanks for the tips. I don't care about road grime and bugs; Bon Ami cleans the worst of that sort of stuff off.

I'm thinking more of the funk associated with ATGATT riding in July and August that collects in the lining fabric and sleeves etc, not unlike helmet pads (which can be removed and cleaned) or hockey equipment.

Maybe I'll check with a local dry-cleaner.

Thanks for the tips. I don't care about road grime and bugs; Bon Ami cleans the worst of that sort of stuff off.

I'm thinking more of the funk associated with ATGATT riding in July and August that collects in the lining fabric and sleeves etc, not unlike helmet pads (which can be removed and cleaned) or hockey equipment.

Maybe I'll check with a local dry-cleaner.

I seem to remember Crappy Tire locations with big hockey departments used to have fumigating lockers for hockey equipment. Not sure what the cost was.

Back
Top Bottom