Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 74 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

Showered and warmed up - actually some sun peeking in for 10 minutes helping ...hoodie and long pants on so prepared for a chilly night this time not like last night.

Those anti-clot compression stockings are really comfortable but a bear to get on and off. Noticed the nurse struggling when she put them on me.

Longish night ahead but I have 7 seasons of The Americans lined up as well as Marc Travels plus an audio book.
Did not get a nap this aft tho came close then partner came in so caught up a bit and she said drink more water and I said I don't like water....i'm drinking more water sigh.
at least I have flavouring. WATER DROPS

damn dropped off for a moment ...trying to hold out for supper. :rolleyes:

Well a bridge too far. :( Except for freezing in the hosp the food was decent and all went smoothly until the voiding test .....nah ...was afraid of that. Back to catheter - same old same old....still no discomfort tho urine was very red ....expected.

So I was beat and cranky when I got home after being cold for 3 days.
Fell into bed and slept for a few hours....nice and warm :D
Went to make a ramen ......was still a bit groggy...woke up on kitchen floor..:
Minor burns on my lower chest from spilling the ramen.
I'm thinking I actually slipped as no ramen made it to the bowl - was on me and the floor when I woke up.
Of course I'd chosen the tuna in olive oil so combination of cooked noodles, oilive oil and me being tired could not get up.
Tried for a while and partner had to rescue me ...
Got another sleep and feel much better tho burn is still there tho much diminished.
Will take a couple of recovery days and reload in a few days.

Marc at the tip of India
and Noraly exploring Madagasgar.

Apparently I am ORDERED to take it easy
How long does it take to completely recover from TURP surgery?
It will take 6 weeks from the date of surgery to fully recovery from your operation. This can be divided into two parts -- the first 2 weeks and the last 4 weeks. During the first 2 weeks from the date of your surgery, it is important to be "a person of leisure".

Bingeing Marc Travels and getting nearer realtime, Rather surprised he has 17,000 km on his Continentals and they look good still.
But damn ...$429 for the rear on my CB300F :eek:
Fortunately not available in Aus for the CB300F
Have to stick with my Pirellis Sport Demon for $210 for the rear all in. Have to see how much more riding I have in me ....:unsure:
Right now I'm fine with the enforced layoff - need a little physio and get my fall sorted.

I'm taking gentleman of leisure quite seriously. :giggle: Hopefully this left leg minor issue will clearup on its own....one good size blister on my chest that I am FORBIDDEN to pop.:rolleyes:

An Indian EV MC startup.

Last edited:
Ran out of Marc for a bit.

Noraly has her hands full in Madagasgar :eek: She does have a good bike for it,

Try for another plumbing restart at 10 AM ....really need a fingers crossed emoji.

Last edited:
Huh whats going on @MacDoc? You having some health issues, your messages were a bit cryptic.
GWS!

Thanks - internet FUBAR off and on due to the rain. ( for the last week ) Took me 15 min to post this :(
Hence the cryptic posts.
Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at Mar, 28    2024    5.52.12 AM.jpg
Aside from that fall/burn I'm fine ....just being gentle person of leisure per orders.
Burn is healing.......has never hurt.

Apart from that the failed void ( can I pee out what is in my bladder? ) test was almost a given given my 9 months of catheter....we will see today in 4 hours or so id I can get the rickety plumbing to work per spec. Just stocking up on a couple liters of pee - we've turned the catheter off for now,,,drinking lots of tea and bubbly water.
I expected to be in for weeks of blood in the urine and it looks gruesome concentrated in the urine bag but is expected.

Angling for an easter treat
1711576185470.png
A dark chocolate bilby.

Qualified success....first pee I've had in 10 months. ...... sort of .....the "void" in void test means dumping all in a single go....only got about 1/4 of that :rolleyes: so back to catheter for now bui have another run at it on the 8th. He said "small step" ....still more than I actually expected given the 10 month hiatus.

Oh yeah he said I could drink coffee too :coffee:

Almost geared up for a ride since the weather is gorgeous then realized no permission from urology. :(

Watched an Lavi and Ollie - episode as they get close to home
and stumbled on this
The new Triumph 400s literally out of the crate riding insanely high passes in N India. 19k feet+ - tough on bikes and tough on riders.
Bikes seem durable if a bit on the small side.
Now they are travelling with a support vehicle. Putting in dangerous hours tho. I'm engaged 🍿

This looks good too

Last edited:
I'll never get to Madagascar but I'm very glad Noraly did. Really enjoyed that,
We have baobobs here but not on that scale. Lemurs are amazing and our relately close ancestors,

Really would like an electric mcycle ... :rolleyes:
If I was closer to the big cities I might be able to rent one for a day but too far to carry gear etc.

Last edited:
Itchy Boots further out in the remote part of Madagascar ..and loses her guide.🍿
ALMOST makes up for my lack of riding but maybe later today....weather is so nice 24 now at 2am going 28 later...
Was feeling rather down with catheter issues but better this morning and have decided on a course of action with hearing aids which I will NOT be using for riding.
I don't know if spending $4k after rebates is warranted but partner wants it as making her life easier and will be much better in social situations.
I mean 10% of normal hearing in speaking ranges is pretty dire :(

Back
Top Bottom