Riding boots with 'feel' | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding boots with 'feel'

bigpoppa

Hey all,

Im looking for riding boots with some feel, something that has some flex in it(especially when it comes to getting feedback on the pegs, and also has good feel when touching the ground at stop lights, or stop and go traffic, that will let me get a sense of what the tarmac feels like, is it slippery, uneven, at an incline etc)

My current alpine stars race boots are hard and stiff, while they give great protection, give very little to no feedback while on the ground, or walking, or on the footpegs.

Ideally something that does all this, without sacrificing too much protection

Thanks!

Hey all,

Im looking for riding boots with some feel, something that has some flex in it(especially when it comes to getting feedback on the pegs, and also has good feel when touching the ground at stop lights, or stop and go traffic, that will let me get a sense of what the tarmac feels like, is it slippery, uneven, at an incline etc)

My current alpine stars race boots are hard and stiff, while they give great protection, give very little to no feedback while on the ground, or walking, or on the footpegs.

Ideally something that does all this, without sacrificing too much protection

Thanks!

TCX Airtech Goretex boots have most of this. The sole grips could be a bit more aggressive but that’s the only downside. They breathe, not bad on hot days at all, totally waterproof, moderate protection. Good feel on the pegs.

I have a pair of First Gear i no longer use, used for 1.5 seasons or so. You can have em if they fit.

I thought the feedback was excellent, colour is black, no damage.

PM me if interested. :)

I agree.
I have a pair of their Roadstar GTX for longer distance touring and/or with cold or wet.
I have a pair of their Evo Sports GTX for warmer or dry weather and is a high quality street boot. I've used these boots on the track and they were great.

Both boots give great feedback and are super comfortable for walking around in.

I agree.
I have a pair of their Roadstar GTX for longer distance touring and/or with cold or wet.
I have a pair of their Evo Sports GTX for warmer or dry weather and is a high quality street boot. I've used these boots on the track and they were great.

Both boots give great feedback and are super comfortable for walking around in.
I too have a set of the Roadstar GTX boots.
I am ordering some Spirit GTX for the warm weather.

Nother vote for Gaerne ....wore the trials boots for years.
They look like dress boots under riding pants and you can get your toe under the shifter.
Flexible, nice to walk in.
Gaerne Balance Pro Tech Motorcycle Boots

I'm currently wearing Milwaukee troopers with zero feel but excellent traction and fit.
Milwaukee Trooper Boot | Royal Distributing
Maybe I treat myself to the shorter Gs.
01_2449-001-Escape-schwarz-gtx-paar-schraeg.jpg

Pair of Daytona will outlast you.
Riders Choice has them and I think they are they only ones in GTA that carry them.
Bring $500 cash and you will be happy.

+1 for Daytona, best boots I’ve ever owned. Tons of protection, but feel like I’m wearing slippers.. SO comfy
My only complaint would be the the foot bed doesn’t have a ton of padding, and almost no shock absorption for walking. Easily solved with a new insole, any of the ones designed for standing on concrete will work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Sidi boots. Never to hot or cold and decent traction on worn asphalt when you come to a stop. Not great as a hiking boot but OK for short walks when you have to leave the bike.

My GF at the time purchased a pair of boots from the local Harley dealer and paid quite a bit for them altho she never deluged it. With a brand like that you'd think they'd last forever (sure) but the fact is that altho the leather quality was good, the soles wore down after three seasons to the point where they were dangerous to have on during stop conditions when roads were wet. So how do soles wear down if the boots are only used for riding.....cheap quality.

Anyway I dumped the boots and her too, bought a new pair and found a new GF asking that she not buy anything wearable for me from a Harley dealer. She dumped me shortly thereafter...:rolleyes:

+1 for Gaerne trials boots. As comfy as a pair of slippers and offer abrasion protection. However they offer zero impact protection.

Just wondering what model Alpinestars you have? I have the SMX-Plus and Supertechs and have good feel of the pegs and walking around all day.

There are A LOT of (obvious) knock off A* boots out there, so be weary.
I have the smx6-v2

I got them from fortnine I believe

for example on the street ride yesterday, I came to a stop at a red light, tall guy on a tall bike, on a normal shoe,
if there is gravel or something the bottom of the shoe would have enough give that it would sort of deform to the shape of the little rock and grip...on this boot it just slips (not a fun feeling on a big ADV bike)

Last edited:
I'm going to need new boots soon and you are all working hard to spend my money. May take a trip to Rider$ Choice shortly $$$
whoa, slow down there, you dont usually ride to toronto/brampton

Back
Top Bottom