Ridge Road - Small section is 100% gravel | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ridge Road - Small section is 100% gravel

jeero

Site Supporter
**NOTE** This is just a short section, roughly one kilometer or less.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=R...B-w;FWrpkgIdeP1B-w&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=15&z=15

Coming back home via Ridge Road after sundown, noticed the ground wasn't really as solid as it was last week.
Put my feet down to feel the road surface for a moment, I could tell that the entire road is covered in gravel.

It's as if they put a bunch of dirt, packed it super nice and covered it all with gravel.

BEWARE!!

This is a very curvy part and is normally lots of fun when it was pavement.

Last edited:
I was planning on taking this route on sunday. it starts at fifty rd and turns into packed gravel which I found easy enough to maneuver on at about 30-40km/h but once I hit Wolverton rd and saw the dirt and gravel said "eff it" and went down the escarpment at wolverton. little dissapointed. I was looking forward to that part of ridge rd to the bottom of thirty rd.

I was planning on taking this route on sunday. it starts at fifty rd and turns into packed gravel which I found easy enough to maneuver on at about 30-40km/h but once I hit Wolverton rd and saw the dirt and gravel said "eff it" and went down the escarpment at wolverton. little dissapointed. I was looking forward to that part of ridge rd to the bottom of thirty rd.

When you take Mountain Road to reconnect with the Ridge again, that's all 100% pavement. By going down Woolverton to Main and then back up Mountain would of been fine and I can see that as a short, simple little detour.

Next time I am in that area I will take a closer look and perhaps a picture too.

yup!. we drove by that gravel last sunday. I did the same thing put my right foot down. just be careful everyone. it is ridable and last about 1 and a half K'. after that you're Golden.

we lived on Ridge Rd near Woolverton the last time they did this. Its like a sticky tar base and over time the gravel gets packed down and becomes solid. Not sure what type of repaving it is, but they did it ~ 10 years ago up there.

**NOTE** This is just a short section, roughly one kilometer or less.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ridge+Rd+W%2FRegional+Road+79&daddr=Ridge+Rd+W%2FRegional+Road+79&hl=en&sll=43.180208,-79.569812&sspn=0.025254,0.03798&geocode=FbH5kgIdqrNB-w%3BFWrpkgIdeP1B-w&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=15&z=15

Coming back home via Ridge Road after sundown, noticed the ground wasn't really as solid as it was last week.
Put my feet down to feel the road surface for a moment, I could tell that the entire road is covered in gravel.

It's as if they put a bunch of dirt, packed it super nice and covered it all with gravel.

BEWARE!!

This is a very curvy part and is normally lots of fun when it was pavement.
I was there on Sunday and you are correct, however, that is probably the area with the most houses around and kids, I am all for fast riding but not in a residential zone like that spot...however I am not your mother

any updates for ridge rd?

Given what they used to "repave" that section, I would assume it is the same road condition as originally listed, although perhaps a little less "gravel-y".
You can still drive up there just fine, just be careful during that 2km section.

I was there on Canada Day (in the car) and it was still crap in that section.

Back
Top Bottom