Rides RIP | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rides RIP

kruzuki

The BAD ride is done after 21 years. I did at least 10 of them.
The Wasaga Beach Motorcycle Rally is done after 4 years. Went twice. (Too much traffic, wouldn't go back)
Mods and Rockers is done after 10 years. Went twice - cool event!

Any new events on the horizon or is this a sign of the times?
What does this say about the state of motorcycling?

Motosocial is great but they are informal events announced at the last minute. It looks like the original founders of the event have moved on to other things. Who knows if they'll even be happening this season? I hope so. My g/f enjoys them!

I thought the Wasaga one is coming back after they reorganize things.

Sent from the moon!

I had mixed feelings about them. They did indicate there's a lot of people who want to attend events like this

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Who's got the time for these things...?
When I get on my bike I like to ride... 'Get away from everyone...Not hang around a parking lot.
I'm with you. If I see a large group of bikes, 99% of the time I intentionally head away from them. The heat score is high, the chance of a crash is much higher than just about any other situation I am in and the ride is normally marginally interesting at best.
Part of me always wonders how organized rides can afford the insurance for these events. That's why the informal rides make more sense. Just tell people that you are going for a ride at a location and time and if they choose to follow you, so be it.

I suspect the whole group ride/show and shibes thing appeals more to the younger crowd... Nothing wrong with that, but I think as you get older you grow to avoid crowds

I've found most of the "local" shows just don't offer me anything personally.
I'm not interested in fashion leathers, "biker" style clothing, or partying all night in huge crowds anymore.
I've been to Dover several times over the years, unlikely to go back. I live 20 minutes from Wasaga, I've intentionally never attended the bike event.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Pick an amateur motorcycle event, free to watch amateur motorcycle events are even better, make it your ride destination for that day, check out how other people ride motorcycles, ride home :)

I almost never do rides. BAD was different in that I could go, sign up early and leave on my own, not with the 1,000 others. After the typical burgers I left at my leisure.

Port Dover was great the first time, OK the second and a pain in the arse the third.

Dover... Lol.

Boring ride to get there... Boring ride home
Go in January. Blowing/drifting snow makes the ride much less boring. You will see enough Camrys to think you are in the parking lot at a Toyota factory though.

The BAD ride is done after 21 years. I did at least 10 of them.
The Wasaga Beach Motorcycle Rally is done after 4 years. Went twice. (Too much traffic, wouldn't go back)
Mods and Rockers is done after 10 years. Went twice - cool event!

Any new events on the horizon or is this a sign of the times?
What does this say about the state of motorcycling?

Try the Horizon's Unlimited Meeting Ontario 2019. This is an event for RTW adventure rides. Not too crowded and Its interesting meeting people who travelled around the world on motorcycle.

HU Travellers Meeting Ontario 2019

Back
Top Bottom