Riders Wanted - NFP Moto | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riders Wanted - NFP Moto

One of the age old questions: what is the best option for multi bike owners?

Take me as an example, insured and licencefor 30+, no to all the interview questions, have home (L3P) & auto. Would like to insure late model FJR1300, DL650, and vintage XV920r (81), GL1000 (75) and Tr25 (69) at the same time, no MC licences in my house other than me.

Best way to do this and how much?

If I could swap the liability between multiple bikes I would have 4-6 bikes. With all the available technology, it should be as simple as logging into your insurance providers app, selecting which bike you’re riding and away you go!

If I could swap the liability between multiple bikes I would have 4-6 bikes. With all the available technology, it should be as simple as logging into your insurance providers app, selecting which bike you’re riding and away you go!
I am able to go that now with my existing provider. My problem is when I call I wait 1hr for a rep. Fortunately the make the change in less than 5 minutes. I don’t push my luck on frequency, a few changes a year doesn’t seem to bother them.

Take me as an example, insured and licencefor 30+, no to all the interview questions, have home (L3P) & auto. Would like to insure late model FJR1300, DL650, and vintage XV920r (81), GL1000 (75) and Tr25 (69) at the same time, no MC licences in my house other than me.

Insure them all to the hilt and rent them out, that should Almost cover the insurance costs ;)

Just went onto your website and under the motorcycle insurance section it says:
“Aside from the requirements of the law, 80% of all motorcycle crashes result in a fatality.”
First off, what does “Aside from the requirements of the law...” mean?
Second, I call BS on the 80% statistic. Anything to back that up?
That site is getting revamped and that is one of a few lines that I pointed out shouldn't be there. There have been lots of changes (and more coming) since I started heading up the motorcycle division of NFP (NFP Moto)

Insurance fraud.
well there is that:LOL:

and yet who's insurance pays if the bike is stolen and involved in an altercation :unsure:

Insure them all to the hilt and rent them out, that should Almost cover the insurance costs ;)

If those were MY bikes I would probably insure the FJ1300 and DL650 normally, and the other 3 bikes as vintage. Vintage rates are about "half" that of normal rates. If you have a secure garage and barely ride certain bikes you can also leave them uninsured, or add /take bikes off the active policy as you see fit during the year. I have my 2014 BMW and 2019 Triumph insured but neither the 1981 Honda or the track bike have any insurance on it. I sleep fine at night.

That's called insuring yourself where possible (y)

If those were MY bikes I would probably insure the FJ1300 and DL650 normally, and the other 3 bikes as vintage. Vintage rates are about "half" that of normal rates. If you have a secure garage and barely ride certain bikes you can also leave them uninsured, or add /take bikes off the active policy as you see fit during the year. I have my 2014 BMW and 2019 Triumph insured but neither the 1981 Honda or the track bike have any insurance on it. I sleep fine at night.
I insure the FJR, my ins co lets me swap the DL and GL at any time with just a call, I have never tried the XV but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't do it often, they have never complained.

Back
Top Bottom