Rider down - Hwy 10 just south of Caledon | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider down - Hwy 10 just south of Caledon

Torcida

Riding SB Highway 10 past Caledon and we see sirens ahead.. it was night so we saw the holdup from miles away and we thought it was just a RIDE check. Guy coming the other way tells us a bike went down....

From what I could tell it was a red sports bike, maybe a CBR. Black car with damage to the front on the northbound shoulder. Fire trucks and ambulances just showing up but didn't see the rider... I really hope you're alright.

First time seeing such a thing :(

That was I on 02 Sept 2012.
Thanks for your best wishes. My injuries are minor, all things considered. Two partially torn LH knee ligaments.
The 2003 Ducati 749 was completely written off... I had to lay it down to avoid collision with the decellerating jeep in front of me. I am lucky, and very thankful to be alive.

I had to lay it down to avoid collision with the decellerating jeep in front of me. I am lucky, and very thankful to be alive.

Its good to hear you are OK but the "I had to lay it down" is just a excuse for I was following to close and probably not paying attention. When you get back on two wheels please be more careful, also rubber grips better than plastic when you are trying to slow down.

Its good to hear you are OK but the "I had to lay it down" is just a excuse for I was following to close and probably not paying attention. When you get back on two wheels please be more careful, also rubber grips better than plastic when you are trying to slow down.

What???? were you there

What???? were you there

Why would he have to be???

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to be able to figure out that it's better to stop/slow down using something that is designed for that one and only task, versus using friction of plastic/metal which was designed for altogether different things.

What???? were you there

No, but I am getting a little sick of the way this world is going soft. Sympathy is taking priority over cold hard common sense. Laying down to avoid a car slowing down infront of you means you were to close. No sympathy for stupidity.

laying it down would only make you slide into it, if the tires and brakes where used the chances of stoping would of been way higher

give the guy a break,yeah i had similar incident yday but i took the shoulder filled with sand and gravel.thanks to dirt bike riding me/bike was fine.

maybe this guy just panicked and thought laying down is the only way.

P.S stay close to shoulder.

No, but I am getting a little sick of the way this world is going soft. Sympathy is taking priority over cold hard common sense. Laying down to avoid a car slowing down infront of you means you were to close. No sympathy for stupidity.

You can get as sick as you want, but THIS SECTION OF THE FORUM is not for teaching people "lessons", especially after they crashed and got injured.

Condolences and well wishes only. Any other posts will be deleted. This is NOT the place to discuss whether a rider was right or wrong!!

Last edited:

Sounds like you've been under the tutelage of Knightslugger/Rinzler/(Whatever he calls himself these days) for too long now. ;)

Everyone makes mistakes. It makes us human. It's just a good thing the OP wasn't seriously hurt. He's on the mend, and that's all that matters.

Thanks for your best wishes. My injuries are minor, all things considered. Two partially torn LH knee ligaments.

Glad to read you are doing okay. Bikes are replaceable...people are not.
GWS

thanks for the update OP. Maybe your choice of words in your first post caused the speculation to become rampant.

Anyway, GWS and ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom