Rider courtesy...... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider courtesy......

AjaxRider

I recently began riding again after a 10 year layoff. Not sure why, but I am enjoying it a lot more this time, which is a pleasant surprise. One thing I have noticed though is that not as many of our fellow riders nod or wave when coming across other riders. When I used to ride, I rarely had a rider not acknowledge me. I know there are times we don't see another rider in time to wave, or at times it may not be safe to take your hand off the bar, but other than that, I can't figure out why folks don't do this anymore. Did I miss a memo while I was away? :)

There are lots of threads on this forum about the wave/don't wave debate. You'd be well advised to search first before starting a new thread.

Ouch.... just because its a repost doesnt mean we have to crucify the guy. Hes new...

Hey sometimes doing a search will help bring up topics specially like this one which is a regular topic on here.

Otherwise my advice is wave if you want to dont wave if you don't want to. And dont be offending if someone doesnt wave. I always wave but know people who dont :) Hope this helps.

I dunno where all these "How come no one waves to me?" threads are coming from. I always wave unless somehow I don't notice or can't take my hands off the bars and 90% of the time the person I waved to waves back.

I think there's a lot more commuter riders now. And also everyone's a hard arse now and doesnt néed to "wave" or "nod"

I try to acknowledge every rider whether I get a response back or not. I am a new rider and have been reading all of these forums that come up about why we wave. Personally,this is a hobby or an activity where we are all enjoying the same freedoms of the open air and we're all getting equally shafted by the insurance companies as well as almost all cagers. We're in it together and a simply hand gesture isn't killing anybody. It's pretty simply to pull off and is only a showing of respect for another rider. If you don't want to wave,that's fine but people like in previous posts claiming they're gonna flip the next guy off is just ridiculous. That guy you flipped of might be passing your carcass on the road one day and say ef this guy,he flipped me off. Riders are generally really curtious and thanks to forums and posts from you more veterained riders,I have learned a lot and thank you all very much for your time and knowledge.

how did he crucify the guy? was there more to the post that for some reason is deleted?
Just came acrossed as mean. The guy has only 23 posts. There is an extremely good chance he doesnt even know you can search posts.

Just came acrossed as mean. The guy has only 23 posts. There is an extremely good chance he doesnt even know you can search posts.
But if he figured out how to get on here he's probably been on other forums before and they all work pretty much the same.

I'm just stirring up **** now. :lol:

I recently began riding again after a 10 year layoff. Not sure why, but I am enjoying it a lot more this time, which is a pleasant surprise. One thing I have noticed though is that not as many of our fellow riders nod or wave when coming across other riders. When I used to ride, I rarely had a rider not acknowledge me. I know there are times we don't see another rider in time to wave, or at times it may not be safe to take your hand off the bar, but other than that, I can't figure out why folks don't do this anymore. Did I miss a memo while I was away? :)

Save it for in the country roads ... you'll get your acknowledgement ... in town ? bah I have other things to keep me focused ... eg. other cars, pedestrians, pot holes, other cars, oh and hot chicks in summer wear :D

He said the same exact thing you said, except you deleted his post.

Holy hard time. Give the gal a break and give Mr. 23 posts the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with Chiller. Riding in the city - I'm generally more focused on a whole lot of other things and sometimes am unable to wave back but I try to wave whenever posssible.

I find on a weekend afternoon, almost everyone waves. On a 6:30am commute into the city, almost no one waves.

I liked all the waving for the first couple years, but now I more often feel foolish for waving like a spaz and getting no response; and so am far less likely to wave. Sad, but true.

I hate the wave. I'm not riding my bike to be overly friendly to a bunch of strangers. Now, I'll wave if someone else does, but I don't wave to every other MINI while driving, or every other person while walking.

^ same here

I think its obscenely stupid to wave to strangers... I don't do it when I walk or drive, so why do it on a motorcycle.

I find the majority of riders wave (or nod or salute... whatever)

Save it for in the country roads ... you'll get your acknowledgement ... in town ? bah I have other things to keep me focused ... eg. other cars, pedestrians, pot holes, other cars, oh and hot chicks in summer wear :D
you quoted the wrong thing twice...the hot chicks in summer wear deserves double posting.

For whatever reason I find it depends on what you ride. Cruisers and Sport bike guys for whatever reason have "beef" and don't ackowlegde each other in the city. I'll talk to or ride with anyone. But bike culture itself is just retarded sometimes, listen to some of the people at a Les/Lake meet sometime. Some nerdlinger that works a 9-5 in a IT job gets insta tuff for having a HD but he's never been in a fight in his life, or has a Ducati and transforms into an insta cool rossi look'a'like chick magnet.

Keep waving dude, if they wave back you've actually met a fellow rider.

Dude, u need some skillz, yo.

Here's me breaking a wave while hanging on to 1st position:
THUMBS+UP1284044385.jpg

Sorry for the late response, I had subscribed to this thread, but for some reason didn't receive a single email alerting me to responses. In any case, I didn't search because I didn't know if "wave" would have found what I was looking for. I'll try next time. Thanks for the responses.

Back
Top Bottom