Repsol colours - easy or hard to sell? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Repsol colours - easy or hard to sell?

marktwothousand

I am considering a Honda Repsol edition for my first bike. Not because I particularly like it, it just might end up being all that I could find in the price/model I want.

What's the general opinion of these in the motorcycling community? Cool to some, but tacky to most? Or are they considered hot commodities?

I just want to make sure I don't get something with a colour scheme thats going to be hard to sell 2 years from now.

Hit or miss. People either love or hate them. Personally I think they're horrid to look at. One of my best friends absolutely loves them. Hard to say if they're easy or harder to sell with different colors. Different strokes for different folks.

Repsol bro...

img01.jpg

Repsol...

There is no gemeral consensus of the repsol scheme. If she makes you happy in the pants, go for it. It shouldnt matter what we think....

BUT.... decals+stickers = 3hp EACH lol

Love the Repsol. Wouldn't pay a dime over regular on the resale market. That right there should give you a good idea.

Love the picture of the scooter. That's hilarious.

yeah, so there's a guy selling a 2013 250 for $4700 on Kijiji. But you won't find it if you search repsol, because he spelled it "rapsol"...which brings me to another weird thing I have noticed... The kind of English some of these sellers have. Wow, I can barely understand it sometimes! What is with that!

Guys,
am I being too picky on my choice for a first bike? Obviously if money was no factor, one could buy anything. There are plenty of black CBR250s at reasonable prices online and they're not selling. I just can't stand that tacky plasticky grey trim on parts of the body. As a n00b, how hard would it be for me to take just those grey bits off and change their colour somehow? Either with permanent paint, or plastidip? I've heard of this plastidip stuff but not sure if it would be appropriate for this idea.

i would really want to avoid doing the job just by masking it, i think only removing the panels is the way to go if I'm going to paint those bits, especially if it's going to be a reasonable quality job.

My advice - your first bike - spend no money on it.
Ride it, stop worrying about what it looks like. If you still have it a year from now or so and really really want to, then do some cheap mods. IMO, save the money for gear, tires and chains, unless you're rich and don't care. Use the free time to do your own maintenance, much better investment than plasti-dipping fairings.

Definitely do not make permanent changes as they will decrease the resale value. Any time you paint something or even cover with stickers, people think it has been dropped.

yes too picky. It's your first bike, not your last. Get a cheap well running bike. Doesn't matter if it's already scratched up....in fact that would make it cheaper and when you sell you won't loose much, if anything.

yes too picky. It's your first bike, not your last. Get a cheap well running bike. Doesn't matter if it's already scratched up....in fact that would make it cheaper and when you sell you won't loose much, if anything.

+1

I love buying dropped bikes because I can get them for cheap and the resell is the same as I paid for it, sometimes more. Better to drop a bike thats been dropped already as it already lost its value on the first drop.

yep. Haven't bought a new bike in more than 2 decades....and used to swap bikes every 3 years or so. Too many choices out there to limit yourself.

Guys,
am I being too picky on my choice for a first bike? Obviously if money was no factor, one could buy anything. There are plenty of black CBR250s at reasonable prices online and they're not selling. I just can't stand that tacky plasticky grey trim on parts of the body. As a n00b, how hard would it be for me to take just those grey bits off and change their colour somehow? Either with permanent paint, or plastidip? I've heard of this plastidip stuff but not sure if it would be appropriate for this idea.

i would really want to avoid doing the job just by masking it, i think only removing the panels is the way to go if I'm going to paint those bits, especially if it's going to be a reasonable quality job.

too picky. will this be your first and last bike? do you see yourself upgrading to bigger bike? if so, do not spend any money on a 250 if you are using it to learn on and will be selling in a year or so. only spend money on maintenance like oil, chain clean etc.

now if you are keeping this bike forever, then i'd do a few upgrades. typical stuff like exhaust, grips, levers, tank grips, upgraded tires from stock and fender elim. do what you want. since you'll be keeping it anyway.

or do whatever you want... it's your money, not ours.

The 250s aren't selling because people want stupid money for them. When new ones are within a few hundred bucks of used ones....easy decision to go new.

As for your question on REPSOL....I'd say it's 50/50 on selling it. Some like their bikes with loud colours, some don't. If the price was the same for red/silver and REPSOL I'd take REPSOL. Wouldn't pay extra for it. Not like it's a limited series with special edition cache.

As others have said spend the money on stuff that REALLY counts, gear, maintenance, not on frackels that you can't see when your actually RIDING the bike anyway.

The 250s aren't selling because people want stupid money for them. When new ones are within a few hundred bucks of used ones....easy decision to go new.

As for your question on REPSOL....I'd say it's 50/50 on selling it. Some like their bikes with loud colours, some don't. If the price was the same for red/silver and REPSOL I'd take REPSOL. Wouldn't pay extra for it. Not like it's a limited series with special edition cache.

People charging stupid pricing because these people (i know a few personally) financed their bikes and out the door they paid 7-8k for the bike including all the financing fees and warranties. My friend got a Ninja 300 last year out the door 8k for his bike including financing, he dropped that bike several times and he still wants no less then 6k for his dropped ninja 300, lol. No one in their right mind would pay that, but new riders be dumb as hell wanting to make at least close to their money back.

Back
Top Bottom