Replacement Levers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Replacement Levers

iegod

I'm looking to get some replacement levers (clutch+brake) for my bike and would love not only recommendations for specific types but even better would be recommendations for Canadian retailers, be they local or online. While we're at it recommendations for Canadian retailers of general parts/accessories would also be welcome.

I've read good things about pazzo. Thoughts? The bike is an '06 Ninja 650R if that makes a difference.

I'm looking to get some replacement levers (clutch+brake) for my bike and would love not only recommendations for specific types but even better would be recommendations for Canadian retailers, be they local or online. While we're at it recommendations for Canadian retailers of general parts/accessories would also be welcome.

I've read good things about pazzo. Thoughts? The bike is an '06 Ninja 650R if that makes a difference.

Pazzo's are the best if you have deep pockets but if they are almost empty like mine then ebay is your best bet.

Pazzo's are the best if you have deep pockets but if they are almost empty like mine then ebay is your best bet.

I did see some really cheap ones on eBay but am worried about the mechanical quality and fit. If something's wrong it's not like I can just call them up and have a quick turnaround. I'd rather have piece of mind and pay a bit more for it. I also don't want to mess around with something I'm riding around with every day that has such a substantial feel on how I interact with the bike. Yesterday I replaced my bar ends with some cheap $15 ends from Kahuna, only to find the vibration was through the roof. The first thing I did when I got home was swap them out and put my old ones back in despite being worse for wear and not entirely as snug as they used to be.

I did see some really cheap ones on eBay but am worried about the mechanical quality and fit. If something's wrong it's not like I can just call them up and have a quick turnaround. I'd rather have piece of mind and pay a bit more for it. I also don't want to mess around with something I'm riding around with every day that has such a substantial feel on how I interact with the bike. Yesterday I replaced my bar ends with some cheap $15 ends from Kahuna, only to find the vibration was through the roof. The first thing I did when I got home was swap them out and put my old ones back in despite being worse for wear and not entirely as snug as they used to be.

I have the ebay ones on my F4i and they work fine, I like them. Ebay $40, Pazzos > $200

I have the ebay ones on my F4i and they work fine, I like them. Ebay $40, Pazzos > $200

+1 I have the Ebay $40 ones and they work fine. No quality concerns at all. Do some research and you'll see most people don't have a problem with the knock-offs at all. I see the whole Pazzo vs Ebay thing as similar to Monster Cable HDMI vs generic HDMI.

If your going to get pazzo's your better off with the ASV leavers as they provide lifetime warranty. Almost same price but better warranty. Otherwise, just get a knock off on ebay or kijiji as they serve the same purpose for much cheaper.

I got Pazzo's from Pete's Superbike. Good price and excellent shipping service.

I was concerned with knock-offs screwing up the shift assist and/or the ABS on the S1000RR and I knew the Pazzo's would work well.

EDIT: because I'm an idiot and can never remember names and called Pete "Steve".

Last edited:
Get the cheap ****.

It took me a while to decide but I went with the ASV C5 unbreakable shorty levers.
They come with a 5 year warranty (*Not a lifetime warranty as Sushii mentioned) to replace/fix any bent or broken levers even if you crash.
They also have crazy adjustment increments compare to any other levers out there.

The warranty alone is what sealed the deal for me, but over all a very nice set of levers.
If I could do it all over though, I would get a long clutch lever with a short brake lever.
I'm starting to get used to clutching with just two fingers, but it was a bit of a bother at first.

Last edited:
I got my bike(first) this spring and it came with pazzo's(shortys) and until I rode my buddy's bike with stock ones I didn't know how awesome they were. I don't know if there is any difference between name brand or cheap ones but definitly get yourself some.

I thought ASV came with lifetime warranty?
http://asvinventions.com/Warranty.html

ASV Unbreakable Guarantee time limits:
  • All “C/5 Series” CNC Machined Levers = 5-Year Guarantee
  • All “F-3 Series” Forged Levers = 3-Year Guarantee
  • All “F-1 Series” Forged Levers = 1-Year Guarantee
  • All “Y-Handle Tools” = 5 Year Guarantee
  • All "Rotator Clamps" = 5 Year Guarantee
  • Kick Stand = 5 Year Guarantee
  • Solo Sag Scale = 5 Year Guarantee

+1 I have the Ebay $40 ones and they work fine. No quality concerns at all. Do some research and you'll see most people don't have a problem with the knock-offs at all. I see the whole Pazzo vs Ebay thing as similar to Monster Cable HDMI vs generic HDMI.

Yes do some research and you will see that this statement is not correct.

You mean like the guy whose lever broke under hard braking and ended up crashing?

I mean the countless threads online about ebay lever fitment issues.

I have a backround in this type of manufacturing, I know exactly how they cut costs to sell them so cheap.
I wouldnt buy them.

I mean the countless threads online about ebay lever fitment issues.

I have a backround in this type of manufacturing, I know exactly how they cut costs to sell them so cheap.
I wouldnt buy them.

Care to elaborate a little?... I would be really interested to know the differences. Thanks!

Care to elaborate a little?... I would be really interested to know the differences. Thanks!

Knockoffs are copies using cheaper materials. The tollerances are never as tight, thats way they are hit and miss in regards to fitmint. You could easily get a product that would be thrown out or reworked buy the original manufacture.

You cant see .005" over tollerance on an precision machined surface. But it can seriously effect performance.

Back
Top Bottom