Replace the rear or both? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Replace the rear or both?

CFunk

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before (it's tough to sift through these forum threads); but I currently have a set of Q2 Sportmax tires on my SV, and the front is still in great condition, whereas the rear is showing cords. If I plan to continue to use the Q2, is it okay for me to just replace the rear? Or, should I replace both, and why?

Thank you

I believe you will get both answers here of peoples different opinions. Since the front is still in great condition I don't see a problem changing just the rear. Are you looking at going with the Q2 again or a different tire? How many kms on the front and how many do you usually get out of the front of the Q2?

I believe you will get both answers here of peoples different opinions. Since the front is still in great condition I don't see a problem changing just the rear. Are you looking at going with the Q2 again or a different tire? How many kms on the front and how many do you usually get out of the front of the Q2?

Hey Paul, I am doing the Q2 again, just because they have awesome handling and have lasted me about 8000 Km. I'm not sure how much I usually get out of the front unfortunately, as this is the first set of Q2 I've put on the bike (before this were the stock tires, which got me about 17500 Km). If you're going to be at BB tonight, I can show you the difference in person between the front and back.

I think that's generally the way things happen: 2 rears to each front.
I've seen some tire combos where they sell you 2 rears and one front as a package.
I'm on my second rear to my first front, and also on an SV. :)

If you are replacing the rear, it should be fine. Your front might not have the same profile as your rear anymore, but that's not as bad as running mis-matched tires...

Personally I always replace in pairs it really is just personal preference. I look at it this way most fronts are about $200 installed and acording to the km you get out of the rear it works out to be about .02 per km which isn't all that bad.

Personally I always replace in pairs it really is just personal preference. I look at it this way most fronts are about $200 installed and acording to the km you get out of the rear it works out to be about .02 per km which isn't all that bad.

WOW! YOu must only ride on your front tire!?!?

Back
Top Bottom