Replace or patch tire? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Replace or patch tire?

o0ollo0o

This morning my CBR250 felt kind of sluggish and I look at it, including the tire, but it looked alright at the time. After work it was nearly flat. I checked it out and found a nail in my tire. It must of been from my late night ride to Aurora last night... After finding the nail i went to the nearest gas station and filled the tire with air before riding home.

The bike is under 1 month old.
I'm assuming warranty will not cover the tire...?

Should I patch it since it's a slow leak or replace it?

Cost on either and locations for either? Or should it be done by the dealer?

I'm at leslie and finich.

Also the bike is just over 800km and I will need to take it in to the dealer at 1000 km.

Some tires have a puncture warranty. Call the dealer to find out. Replace it if no warranty. Why risk your life with a patch? (IMHO).

I'm cheap, I will patch. Make sure u patch from the inside

patch from the inside. does a good job.

patch from the inside....good as new....tires and patches have come along way.....total trust, even at 300!!!

I plugged up a rear BT015 on the weekend. About 700kms so far, and it's holding up perfect.
197 claimed HP bike :)

Mushroom plugs. Princess Auto FTW.

I'm assuming i just patch it by the dealer... ?

If not, anything close to leslie and finch where it can be done or is there something i can buy from canadian tire to do it myself?

To patch properly you need to take the tire at least partly off the rim. This is not impossible, but not the easiest thing to do. Your best bet is to watch someone do it once and then try it yourself next time. I wouldn't trust a non-bike shop to properly patch. You can buy plugs from canadian tire you can install from the outside, but as others have said, those are fine for an emergency, but not nearly as safe as a proper patch.

See a list of stores here, most places can probably do the patch for you (although the price will vary greatly).

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Motorcycle-Store-in-the-GTA-amp-Online-Stores

Try not to keep riding it with the nail in. If it flys out, it will go flat pretty quickly.

I'm not even gonna bother to ask what bike :)

nyuk nyuk

I'm assuming i just patch it by the dealer... ?

If not, anything close to leslie and finch where it can be done or is there something i can buy from canadian tire to do it myself?

You'll be hard pressed to find a "Dealer" that will plug a tire. Liability issues being the excuse (their's, not mine).

There's one motorcycle repair shop in Hamilton that'll patch a flat. Eight or 9 yrs ago, he dinged me $75.

Last week, the Cdn Tire by me didn't have 'mushroom' plugs - maybe out of stock, or maybe they don't sell 'em - I don't know.
I went to Princess Auto and bought a pack of two, $6.00.
Took my tire off the rim, put a medium / fine stone on my Dremel, cleaned the inside of the tire where the hole was, slopped the glue on, waited for it to dry, and plugged it, from inside - out, put 33lbs in it, and it's still got 33lbs in it. I did the repair last weekend.

I don't have the equipment or "know how" to take the tire off and patch the tire...

Anyone willing with both requirements willing to help a guy out to patch a tire? I'm willing to pay like $50 and I'll buy the plug

I'm at leslie and finch area in North york? Or if anyone knows of a shop in the area willing to do it, that would be nice as well...

I don't have the equipment or "know how" to take the tire off and patch the tire...

Anyone willing with both requirements willing to help a guy out to patch a tire? I'm willing to pay like $50 and I'll buy the plug

I'm at leslie and finch area in North york? Or if anyone knows of a shop in the area willing to do it, that would be nice as well...

Google Rosey Toes, as mentioned previously

My rear tire has a plug in it...held up fine so far even at high speeds, got about 4000kms on it.

Rosey Toes was somewhat far, but worth going to. They put a plug in it after inspection. He also lubed and lossened my chain and the front steering was on too tight.

THey're pretty busy though...

Thanks for the info guys!

You'll be hard pressed to find a "Dealer" that will plug a tire. Liability issues being the excuse (their's, not mine).

There's one motorcycle repair shop in Hamilton that'll patch a flat. Eight or 9 yrs ago, he dinged me $75.

For those in Hamilton area, I had my tire patched last year at www.dualsportplus.com I'm pretty sure I paid around $25 and they took the tire off the rim and patched it properly. It held for months until the tire wore out. Glad I got to use the rest of the tires life last season instead of tossing it early!

Back
Top Bottom