Rental of motorcycle for M course for M licensing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rental of motorcycle for M course for M licensing

Tako

Hi everyone,

Anyone who wants to rent his motorcycle for 1 day. I am looking to rent a motorcycle for 1 day for my M course and M licensing.

Already been through GTAExotics but the deposit is kinda steep and wondering if I'll get the refund so was wondering if maybe there are peeps here willing to rent their bike for 1 day ?

Dont do it. If anyone were to take money, that voids their insurance and you are uninsured. Didnt you post in the first thread that the course would check ownership/rental agreement? That drives the cost up significantly if they wont let you ride and you lose the course fee.

But I phoned them and asked if I can borrow a bike from a friend they said yes. And it is also mentioned on their website we can borrow one

Many thanks for the help but I contacted them and they are close and not looking to re open anytime soon

Due to covid or other "legal" reasons?

He did not mention it. Just that they are not opening anytime soon.. am kind of desperate!! Lol

Why so desperate? I'm of the understanding you still got an indefinite amount of time before licenses expire if between March and now?
Any riding buddies you can contact? As noted above, if someone lent you their bike for the test, that's ok but if money is involved that's a different story.
Now if they lent you the bike, and then you also bought from them a $200 piece of yarn, that may be different.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Now if they lent you the bike, and then you also bought from them a $200 piece of yarn, that may be different.

Or some new riding gear. ;)

Hi everyone,

Anyone who wants to rent his motorcycle for 1 day. I am looking to rent a motorcycle for 1 day for my M course and M licensing.

Already been through GTAExotics but the deposit is kinda steep and wondering if I'll get the refund so was wondering if maybe there are peeps here willing to rent their bike for 1 day ?
I warned you it would be pricey.

If you crash a bike you 'rent' from someone without commercial insurance you're opening yourself up to a whole word of legal problems.

Better to just suck it up and rent from a business. Do the deposit over credit card if youre worried about getting it back after.

Here's some really important advice; it is expensive to ride a motorcycle here and thats just starting out. You should accept that now, its only going to get more expensive later when you upgrade and buy more gear.

I warned you it would be pricey.

If you crash a bike you 'rent' from someone without commercial insurance you're opening yourself up to a whole word of legal problems.

Better to just suck it up and rent from a business. Do the deposit over credit card if youre worried about getting it back after.

Here's some really important advice; it is expensive to ride a motorcycle here and thats just starting out. You should accept that now, its only going to get more expensive later when you upgrade and buy more gear.

In most cases it is NOT a necessity. It is a want, a pleasure thing.

Most thing we buy and engage in from a "want" perspective come with a price, often a high price.

So what happens after you pass your M test...won’t you need to buy a motorcycle ???
What have you been riding all this time with your M2 ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happens after you pass your M test...won’t you need to buy a motorcycle ???
What have you been riding all this time with your M2 ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You missed a related thread, he has a foreign licence so he's making the jump directly to M and likely can't find insurance right now. System played a 'gotcha!' on him.

You missed a related thread, he has a foreign licence so he's making the jump directly to M and likely can't find insurance right now. System played a 'gotcha!' on him.
However I agree with you guys. It is better to process the ethical and legal way. Better to rent from a legal rental company than taking risks and having all sort of problems after, we never know what can happen. I'll rent through GTA exotics. At least knowing there is commercial insurance I'll have a peace of mind and be safe.

I have one last question. What are the pros and cons of buying the motorcycle cash or through a finance lease ?

However I agree with you guys. It is better to process the ethical and legal way. Better to rent from a legal rental company than taking risks and having all sort of problems after, we never know what can happen. I'll rent through GTA exotics. At least knowing there is commercial insurance I'll have a peace of mind and be safe.

I have one last question. What are the pros and cons of buying the motorcycle cash or through a finance lease ?
If you finance the bike, you will be required to maintain full coverage insurance which costs you some money. If you pay cash, the decision on insurance is your own. Finance company may kick back some money to the dealer so cash may not save you any money over finance (eg. almost free use of someone elses money).

I still think a cheap, small, used bike is the best way to start off. It builds your insurance history and when you sell it you get almost all your money back. Obviously you have ridden before, but there are some obstacles than can cause issues that you may not be used to (streetcar tracks, expanded metal bridges, steel construction plates, tar snakes, tar and chip roads, etc). I only put money into toys that I can afford to walk away from.

Tako!!

Most people can't distinguish between motorcycles so get a ~10 year old bike and be HAPPY!

She/he will still think you are sexy and you will have lots of fun :]

Haha.. Maybe.. but its not about others but for my own..
I see that motorcycles are not expensive in Canada compared to where I am from there was 200% tax on the motorbikes

Back
Top Bottom