Recommended Brands | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommended Brands

JonMike

I recently purchased my first bike and was wondering what are some recommended chain lubes. I was also wondering what would be a good fuel stabilizer for winterizing.

Would you recommend Dupont Teflon Chain Saver as a chain lube?
036121196964_ca.jpg

http://www.lowes.ca/hardware-lubricants/dupont-311g-teflon-chain-saver_g1520528.html

JM, there are dozens of chain lube threads; search the site.

In any case, the Dupont Chain Saver is a favourite around these parts, used by many, including me.

Use STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer in your tank.

Chain Saver is a perfectly good motorcycle lube. Most O-ring lubes are fine. Keep an eye on cost, I'm seeing some shops now selling stuff at nearly $20 a can which to me is crazy.

Stay away from the black Castrol stuff every Canadian Tire sells - it will lubricate your chain alright, but it will get absolutely everywhere. They used to sell PJ1 Blue Label, but it got flushed out of inventory at some point.

Edit: I haven't heard of any bad fuel stabilizers... just make sure it's not for diesel. :p

"TwistwedKestrel" Thank you. You reminded me of how I test the fuel stabiliser I use. Take a small glass/plastic container that is see threw.

Add about an inch of stabiliser. About quarter of an inch of water. Most stabilisers with mix well. If not, not good.

Back
Top Bottom