Recommendations for a 600cc sportbike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations for a 600cc sportbike

So...I guess the question becomes, which non SS bikes fit the bill? I'd prefer to wait at least a few years to buy a ss and hopefully by then my insurance will be more reasonable.

What about the FZ6....anyone have opinions on that?

Street Triple R...as mentioned already. It's even got inverted forks and the same braking package as the Daytona.

If you're gonna use this thing as a commuter, riding an SS bike is somewhat more fatiguing in traffic.

Street Triple R...as mentioned already. It's even got inverted forks and the same braking package as the Daytona.

If you're gonna use this thing as a commuter, riding an SS bike is somewhat more fatiguing in traffic.

Just looked at it....man that is one sexy bike....and insurance is not bad at all. Looks like it can be had in Buffalo for under 10k

Actually, I just found out my ss insurance drops when I turn 30....only a year and a half away. So I think I will hang onto my 500 until then.

At 30, I think my premiums will probably be around 600-700 a year for a ss.

Right now with State farm, im at $1400 with full coverage. Not good but not bad either.

Right now with State farm, im at $1400 with full coverage. Not good but not bad either.

I consider $1400 to be a lot....my quote for supersport insurance was $1250 a year....going down when I turn 30....it probably goes down again when I get 5 or 10 years experience under my belt.

Presently on my ex500 I pay a little over $400

Last edited:
Meloche and Monnex....they're primarily known for insuring chartered accountants and professional engineers, but they do have other groups they insure (wilfrid laurier grads is one)

they all should perform about the same for regular street duties. I highly doubt you'd notice much of a difference performance wise between them unless you track it. Having said that, just buy the one that fits you ergonomically the best.

Meloche and Monnex....they're primarily known for insuring chartered accountants and professional engineers, but they do have other groups they insure (wilfrid laurier grads is one)

Thanks! I'll have to give them a try.

MelocheMonnex insures any uni grad ...and its not just CAs, they insure CMAs as well

Not sure about CGAs though, but if you are a CGA, look up desjardins.

I think the discounts are best for accountants and engineers though....when I was in university, state farm had better rates, but after becoming an accountant, M&M blew everyone else away.

There doesn't seem to be any used market for Street Triple r's out there....is everyone else pretty much buying them new?

There doesn't seem to be any used market for Street Triple r's out there....is everyone else pretty much buying them new?

Availability and high costs make this a fairly rare bike in the GTA. But I've read in other forums that you don't see a used one for sale too often in the US either. Maybe it shows how much people love this bike... or crash them beyond repair...

Yeah....I guess my only bet is new, still not that bad at US prices, especially if our dollar keeps improving

I dont think I can afford the street triple R....based on my budget and the used options out there, I'm looking at the following:

Kawa Ninja ZX6R
Honda CBR F4i
Older Honda CBR RR
Suzuki GSXR (kinda leaning away from this one)

All in the 600cc class

Any extra opinions on these bikes is great.

I consider $1400 to be a lot....my quote for supersport insurance was $1250 a year....going down when I turn 30....it probably goes down again when I get 5 or 10 years experience under my belt.

Presently on my ex500 I pay a little over $400
Damn, I'm 27 with a '09 650R and I'm paying at least $1200 (hard to determine since it's mixed with my cars) and that's after several discounts and the cheapest I could find. 1 ticket on my record for 1 over. No at fault claims. Living outside of Guelph.

I dont think I can afford the street triple R....based on my budget and the used options out there, I'm looking at the following:

Honda CBR F4i

I'm currently selling mine :)

Since you need others to pick what you will get, I say for you to get the 1985 FZ600, it's perfect for you.

Back
Top Bottom