Recommend a medium size but compact (flat) socket set? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommend a medium size but compact (flat) socket set?

A magazine did a test, they used ATF/Acetone 50/50 and it came out as best.

I never heard of kerosene added to the mix, I'm curious.
What do you store this homebrew in? Glass? I'd expect that much acetone to melt plastic.

What do you store this homebrew in? Glass? I'd expect that much acetone to melt plastic.

Keep the mix in glass. have a plastic squeeze bottle for application. No issues with the same bottle over several years. It's a bottle that came in a 2 stage paint stripping kit, though. Other types plastic may or may not survive.

Wow, I had the exact same socket set as the OP. I bought it in the early 90’s and it served me well in my Guild Electric service truck for twenty years but the case got a little beat up and I found that the sockets were constantly falling out and I was always reorganizing it.Try looking at Gray if you want to spend some money or you can check out Gray’s offshore line called Dynamic which is not bad.Markham Industrial carries both.Its hard to get away from the Chinese stuff without blowing the budget. Even the Craftsman line is all made in China, that was really good bang for the buck when it was American made.

Back
Top Bottom