Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 232 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

it is wonderful on so many levels
I had no idea it was based on true events :eek: .....a wonderful send up with a sting(y)

The true story

Last edited:
Quite the visceral shift
Have not made up my mind on it. :unsure:
Ebert likes it
others not so much.

Went back to re-watch the first 2 Mission Impossible movies. Yikkies they are so rough to see in many ways. I remember them being a bit better, at least the first one. The 2nd one is junk, John Woo, terrible director. I think the series picks up after these 2.

Quite the visceral shift
Have not made up my mind on it. :unsure:
Ebert likes it
others not so much.

I really want to see this.
I’ll wait until it’s available via (legal) streams.
It’s only in theatres currently.

Went back to re-watch the first 2 Mission Impossible movies. Yikkies they are so rough to see in many ways. I remember them being a bit better, at least the first one. The 2nd one is junk, John Woo, terrible director. I think the series picks up after these 2.
A lot of John Woo's stuff is really good. Especially the early stuff. Just don't look for any deep meanings ;)

"Mission Impossible: 2" is, however, absolute junk. Well, I'd say that about pretty much all of them anyway, since I watched the original TV show when it was first released. To me it's supposed to be a psycho-thriller, not action-adventure.

A lot of John Woo's stuff is really good. Especially the early stuff. Just don't look for any deep meanings ;)

"Mission Impossible: 2" is, however, absolute junk. Well, I'd say that about pretty much all of them anyway, since I watched the original TV show when it was first released. To me it's supposed to be a psycho-thriller, not action-adventure.

Broken Arrow was a decent romp.

The Zone of Interest on Prime. Pretty intense and it continues to haunt me after two days.

Its sub-titled but there is very little dialogue. Its the back ground "noise" from the camp that's important. There's a reason it won Best Sound at this year's Academy Awards.

The Zone of Interest (2023) ⭐ 7.5 | Drama, History, War

Sadly I forgot I had class on Tuesday this week, not Wednesday so my wife went by herself. She said it was 'meh' overall, and felt the reviews were over rated.

"Wonka" - I thought that I'd give it a go, on the basis of people whose opinions I respect giving it a thumbs-up, but it's really not my thing. The Gene Wilder movie used incidental music as a form of punctuation. This one is just a classic musical in which people break into song, for absolutely no reason. Movies of that sort that I have actually liked are virtually non existent.

Back
Top Bottom