Recco a backpack? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recco a backpack?

Since we are on the topic... Any good backpacks for jackets that have a "Speed Hump"??

How big is the aero hump?

I have the Ogio Metro and It's the last bag I'll probably ever use. very versatile. Wish I had bought 2 for the price I got it for.

I have the Ogio Metro and It's the last bag I'll probably ever use. very versatile. Wish I had bought 2 for the price I got it for.

Got the same bag last week and couldn't be happier. Think I paid $79.99 at Riders Choice. Lot's of different compartments (great for separating gym clothes, cell phone, etc).

Ironically, just as I got there, a younger kid was leaving saying something like "I can get this cheaper elsewhere" (regarding some equipment or something). The owner turns to another employee and says "I'll be he's on GTAmotorcycle".

My best backpack was "killed" this summer when I nearly died myself. That's the rad story, but I say you -- if you don't have back protection gear then at least get yourself a hardshell backpack. They're multipurpose in the first place and aren't too expensive if count this in. Though piking something lighter isn't bad either. I've seen here examples that are kind of compromising (not too expensive, durable, comfortable enough) -- best motorcycle backpack
Anyway, my own recommendation to anyone is hardshell...

Kriega R15. Not too big, not too small, don't feel it when riding or moving, the set it and forget straps are awesome.

Crashed this summer with mine in NC, slide down the road a few ways. The SW-Motech soft luggage I had ripped through, same with the bark busters, my gear, and pants. The Kriega didn't even scuff, nor did I feel it, nor would I want to fall with anything bigger.

My best backpack was "killed" this summer when I nearly died myself. That's the rad story, but I say you -- if you don't have back protection gear then at least get yourself a hardshell backpack. They're multipurpose in the first place and aren't too expensive if count this in. Though piking something lighter isn't bad either. I've seen here examples that are kind of compromising (not too expensive, durable, comfortable enough) -- best motorcycle backpack
Anyway, my own recommendation to anyone is hardshell...
The way I see it, a hardshell backpack is likely to to more harm than good. I try to avoid having anything on my body that will create pressure points (bad for you in a crash). Also, I would be worried about my neck if I land on my back on a hard pack. Your head has a long way to swing down before it hits the road. The bottom of the back will concentrate forces on my spine, not my hips. No thanks. I just can't see how it is better in any way in a crash. If you want back protection, buy a proper back protector.

Back
Top Bottom