Real or not real that is the question :-) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Real or not real that is the question :-)

topendz

Site Supporter
So I haven't been on here in a while but I posted a wanted Ad looking for a part for my 998.

On Sept 8th I got this message on GTA then over a week later I get this text. Checking the account the person created the account on the 8th and hasn't logged on since.

I asked for a contact name and number and for them to send pictures with the current date and as expected no reply. I will let everyone come to their own assumptions :)

Attachments

• firstcommunication.png
    firstcommunication.png
    223 KB · Views: 53
  • suspicious2.png
    suspicious2.png
    231 KB · Views: 53
odd english = overseas scammer red flag

When I was looking for a gaming wheel and posted a WTB here had similar. Messages came in through a friend in Edmonton who was willing to send it if I sent e-transfer first.

After some back and forth I ended up not going through with it…

Stilted language, always suspicious of a person I've never met referring to me as a buddy or friend. 99.9% a scam.

Stilted language, always suspicious of a person I've never met referring to me as a buddy or friend. 99.9% a scam.
Entirely agree. Last sentence about calculating shipping shows the hand. I am not sending money to a random person and hoping a shipment shows up. I will show up with money to trade for your parts.

Especially when they say ‘trust me brother. It’s not a scam, I don’t believe in getting bad karma for a few hundred bucks’.

That’s when I noped out.

I received a similar message shortly after I posted my WTB ad for a heated grips controller.
1695175508215.png

I also think the English was odd but I let it go.
I did end up replying to the message, thanking for the offer as I had already found what I was looking for.

Also, new member with 0 posts.
Joined 5 min before sending my message.

1695175650333.png

Back
Top Bottom