Ready to ride----------> | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ready to ride---------->

ungoloth

Site Supporter
Bike is prepared and ready to ride now for months. Cleaned, waxed, oil/filter change, chain cleaned and lubed, GPS updated today and leathers oiled/lubed/waterproofed. I have just about completed my global warming machine to get rid of the snow. Once the rain making machine is complete for salt removal, it's game on....LOL. Come on spring, I wanna ride. Happy Apexes.

It's that time of year again... Although it's February, March is just a bit over 3 weeks away... If we're lucky that's when we'll at least start to see some light at the end of the tunnel as far as riding season goes.
Without hope we have nothing...

This winter hasnt been as bad as the naysayers had predicted, i suppose this means the spring will arrive as usual around march(maybe late march?)

Hoping Family Day is warm, my bike needs a lot of attention

There's no spring until May guys believe it or not. Hope they're wrong.

There's no spring until May guys believe it or not. Hope they're wrong.

They also said Winter would be brutal, and trump would never be president.

This winter hasnt been as bad as the naysayers had predicted, i suppose this means the spring will arrive as usual around march(maybe late march?)

That's debatable....I'm also hoping for an early spring, but from my understanding if the lakes stay warmer, that increases the chance of lake effect snow while the temps are hovering near freezing...so it could mean a situation like last year where late March and early April are a complete mess. Knock on wood that doesn't happen again, as I'm ok with snow in Jan and Feb...but it should be on its way out in March, and 100% gone by April...

That's debatable....I'm also hoping for an early spring, but from my understanding if the lakes stay warmer, that increases the chance of lake effect snow while the temps are hovering near freezing...so it could mean a situation like last year where late March and early April are a complete mess. Knock on wood that doesn't happen again, as I'm ok with snow in Jan and Feb...but it should be on its way out in March, and 100% gone by April...

Remember taking my MSF course in -5 In April....

Seems like a regular ol canadian winter to be honest, it started out with a bang with a few days of really intense snowing...but since then it doesnt seem that bad
Late march/early april im hoping will be ok.

so it could mean a situation like last year where late March and early April are a complete mess.

Not sure where you are, but here....I don't remember March nor April being bad. I just looked back through my photos and I have riding photos from March (including one trip where me and a friend went out on a 400K adventure) and in April we rode all month. We went on another 300-400K trip on April 17 (and I remember it being beautifully warm). There was a small amount of snow in the first week of April (I see photos of it, I remember griping) but it was short lasted.

I on the other hand am getting drowned...4" in 8 hours...but 25 degrees :D

Tiny-Violin.jpg

;)

Here in Peterborough we can pretty much expect no riding until at least April. Maybe I'm getting older, but riding in single digit temps is the pits! If I were down in the city with buildings all around and slower city speeds I might sing a different tune, but up here in the wide open riding outside of town between 80-100km/h those single digit temps are no fun.

I basically consider the February motorcycle show to be my Groundhog day; 6 more weeks until riding season begins.

My bike is always ready, just unplug my charger from the mini port and start it up. Will give it a quick clean when the weather turns for the best and do an oil change. Definitely anxious to get out there, been plotting some summer trips to pass the time.

Been mostly losing my mind

Not sure where you are, but here....I don't remember March nor April being bad. I just looked back through my photos and I have riding photos from March (including one trip where me and a friend went out on a 400K adventure) and in April we rode all month. We went on another 300-400K trip on April 17 (and I remember it being beautifully warm). There was a small amount of snow in the first week of April (I see photos of it, I remember griping) but it was short lasted.

Toronto and Durham got more snow in March and April last year than it really did in the previous months of winter, iirc. I remember prepping the bike March 20th and then letting it sit for a few weeks. Then again, I tend to wait for both warmer weather and 1-2 days of good hard rain to clean up the roads, so the odd warm day between cold or snowy ones doesn't work for me.

Here's a shot I actually took on April 4th 2016...Funny enough, April 17th was also when I broke the bike out of hibernation, according to the first 2016 riding pics I have from that year.

24v78s5.jpg

Last edited:
Give the rest of us some time to catch up to your level of experience

All good mate..If you ride a sportbike drop me a line in the spring/summer i'm not too far from where you live;)

Hi All,

Well I'm a bit of a noob still. Bought my first bike in July and rode ride up til that first snowfall we had in late November. Didn't mind the cold too much as long as you dress for it. But I think about riding every single day, lol. And I can't even go look at my bike since I sent it for winter storage as I didn't have the time to do it myself. Was stuck doing some Reno work and had to get it done before Christmas.

I just hoping ping for another one of those super early springs like we had about six or seven years ago. 20 degrees and sunny on April 2!!

I'd say that I can see the light at the end of this long, cold, winters tunnel. But with my luck, it's just a train coming my way....

cheers,
EZTRGT
Kyle

That's not early ....Feb 28th a few years ago was superb there were literally dozens bikes out on the road all day.

Highest in March for Toronto is astonishing

highest ever in March: 27ºC / 81ºF

2014/2015 was stupidly long winter...got back from Australia late April was still miserable for a week or more.
End of 2015 more than made up for it...put on 15,000 km between Sept 15th and Dec 30th. Even got a day or two in Jan

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom