r6 shooting flames on decel ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

r6 shooting flames on decel ?

Simply.Smooth

my 99 r6 is shooting flames on decel , is this an indication of a rich bike ? do i need to adjust the carbs and just give it a tune up ?? Bike is running a little boggy and comes in and out ..

my 99 r6 is shooting flames on decel , is this an indication of a rich bike ? do i need to adjust the carbs and just give it a tune up ?? Bike is running a little boggy and comes in and out ..

I don't see the problem with flames shooting out of your bike. That's pretty badass.

But yes, it's likely running rich. The fuel isn't being burned, and it's getting burned in the exhaust on the way out.

Air filter change with the plugs. Not enough air combined with a not so great spark could equal a slightly rich mixture resulting in un-burned fuel making it in to the exhaust when the carbs are closed during decelleration.

I wish my bike shot flames and was rich :( Then I could borrw some $$ from her to pay my bills

My 10R had a brilliant custom map in a PC USBiii... it still would shoot 12" blue flames out the exhaust sometimes on decel.

Gonna go tune my bike rich, that should be awesome

More likely a small air leak in the exhaust system allowing combustion downstream of the exhaust valve. Wish mine shot flames and was rich!

Air filter change with the plugs. Not enough air combined with a not so great spark could equal a slightly rich mixture resulting in un-burned fuel making it in to the exhaust when the carbs are closed during decelleration.

appparently a KnN is more restrictive than a stock OEM filter. MY bike with new plugs and KnN shoots flames...

carbed r6's make the most power on stock filter. The K&N actually hurts power on these bikes.

Check for exhaust leaks where header meets the exhaust port.

My 2008 R6 shoots flames too, no problem with the way it runs though. My friends love seeing the flames shoot out on decel. I don't mind it one bit, it's pretty badass!

I would assume that a Jordan Suzuki GSXR1000 Superbike is tuned fairly well.

Exhaust flames don't always mean you're running too rich/lean/etc.

1306258208_5bcac00f1b.jpg

I shoot on decel as well. Full yosh system on gixxer 600. Had back tuned etc. Just the way it goes.

carbed r6's make the most power on stock filter. The K&N actually hurts power on these bikes.

Check for exhaust leaks where header meets the exhaust port.

I will re-check, thanks for the sugession.

ODD thing is that, it never did this before I put the KnN and new plugs in. It does it now.

Recently installed an akrapovic shorty slip-on on my 750 with a PCV and downloaded the suitable map for my bike... spits flames every once in a while, It looks pretty badass at night time, I don't mind it at all...:)

I would assume that a Jordan Suzuki GSXR1000 Superbike is tuned fairly well.

Exhaust flames don't always mean you're running too rich/lean/etc.

He's a squid, he rides a gixxer

Back
Top Bottom