R3 PC5 Tune | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

R3 PC5 Tune

Was there anything in the coolant recovery tank or was the whole system bone dry ?
Somebody gapped big time.

I'd be conflicted. Part of me would want the dealer to come and pick it up and fix it and bring it back. They screwed up, I want it fixed and documented (this will also hopefully help the dealer avoid this problem in the future). The other part of me (which would probably win) would be tell the dealer what happened, fill it myself and probably never return to the dealer (depending on their attitude when I told them what happened). I don't expect issues after a two minute run.

The irony is that I asked to just come and pick up the parts and do it myself and the person I had spoke with said "no, it’s a recall must been done here" and then told me something along the lines of "but you’ll get a free coolant flush" I guess I shouldn’t have assumed that a flush included a refill! Lol

Typical motorcycle shop :/ the service shop was likely supplied with every possible required replacement fastener as well as a jug of replacement coolant to do the job, your jug of pre-mixed Yamalube radiator coolant is likely sitting on their sales counter with a price tag on it by now.

Typical motorcycle shop :/ the service shop was likely supplied with every possible required replacement fastener as well as a jug of replacement coolant to do the job, your jug of pre-mixed Yamalube radiator coolant is likely sitting on their sales counter with a price tag on it by now.
Transport Canada Recall # 2018672 - the only replacement part was one hose. The dealer would have to reuse all the fasteners and provide coolant out of regular inventory, it doesn't come as a kit.
This was not 'typical' - the dealer f*cked up, should be told so it doesn't happen again to somebody else and provide mistersouthpaw with compensation.
Trials, your blanket assumptions aren't based on facts - ever worked in a shop ?

Transport Canada Recall # 2018672 - the only replacement part was one hose. The dealer would have to reuse all the fasteners and provide coolant out of regular inventory, it doesn't come as a kit.
This was not 'typical' - the dealer f*cked up, should be told so it doesn't happen again to somebody else and provide mistersouthpaw with compensation.
Trials, your blanket assumptions aren't based on facts - ever worked in a shop ?
This is the coolant hose recall on the R3? Because I was ****** about this - what if it was someone who didn’t immediately notice. Not gonna name names but I live very close to Kennedy and the 401

My bike is perfectly fine, I distilled it several times and am running the green stuff for now the manual actually specifies the green stuff. Massaged all the air out of the coolant hoses and will let the fans cycle a few times times and then will check levels

It’s actually @Abigail ’s bike, I’ve got it lookin pretty hot now with the powder on the rims, really digging it

Attachments

• ACEE0482-57D9-404A-BF0F-60D266D7EC68.jpeg
    ACEE0482-57D9-404A-BF0F-60D266D7EC68.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom