R3 PC5 Tune | GTAMotorcycle.com

R3 PC5 Tune

mistersouthpaw

Hey does anyone by any chance have a PC5 tune file for an R3 with a full exhaust and hi flow filter that I can run until I can get this bike tuned? I was going to run the stock air filter until I bring it to the dyno but decided to pull the airbox to clean it and the oem filter was so bad that I just could not bring myself to put it back into my clean airbox

I say install the nice new clean hi flow filter and just roll with it (y)

There is no dynojet map for that setup on dynojet site I’m running a map for full exhaust & oem filter that I got off dynojet currently

If it's anything like my MV Agusta it needs a Lot of air movement through it to be happy. It's get on it and go and it would be horrible in stop and go traffic.

:) this would do it

image.php

:) this would do it

image.php
Lol speaking of cooling systems I had brought the bike to the dealer to fix a recalled torsion spring and a coolant hose. I wonder if there is an issue now with my cooling system. It seems like it’s getting hot very quickly

The aftermarket air filter won't make enough of a difference compared to stock to matter. Just run the tune for the aftermarket exhaust and OEM air filter.

These engines warm up very quickly by design ... it helps with emissions. The thermostat is right on the cylinder head - no separate housing. The entire cooling system including the radiator contains less than 1 litre of coolant. The coolant temp sensor is also right in the cylinder head, so it very quickly sees the warm-up.

That huge radiator (actually looks like a secondary radiator underneath the stock one) is for WorldSSP300 racing. $$$$$!! That's probably what is needed under race conditions with a hot-rodded engine (the SSP300 engines have a race kit installed) making more power than stock and running wide open throttle all the time in southern Europe in hot summer conditions ...

This one is close to 3 grand :cool: but i think the 2 piece outfit would be better.

s-l300.jpg

The aftermarket air filter won't make enough of a difference compared to stock to matter. Just run the tune for the aftermarket exhaust and OEM air filter.

These engines warm up very quickly by design ... it helps with emissions. The thermostat is right on the cylinder head - no separate housing. The entire cooling system including the radiator contains less than 1 litre of coolant. The coolant temp sensor is also right in the cylinder head, so it very quickly sees the warm-up.

That huge radiator (actually looks like a secondary radiator underneath the stock one) is for WorldSSP300 racing. $$$$$!! That's probably what is needed under race conditions with a hot-rodded engine (the SSP300 engines have a race kit installed) making more power than stock and running wide open throttle all the time in southern Europe in hot summer conditions ...

There is no coolant in it! After they did my recall coolant hose they must have left it empty freaking bone dry

There is no coolant in it! After they did my recall coolant hose they must have left it empty freaking bone dry
Part of me wants to laugh, part of me wants to cry. The mind boggles.

Normally dry equals nothing on the temp gauge. Was the gauge showing hot or was it the smell? How much have you ridden it dry?

Document the hell out of this. Pics, video etc. You don't want any engine damage being blamed on the tune instead of it being run dry.

Part of me wants to laugh, part of me wants to cry. The mind boggles.

Normally dry equals nothing on the temp gauge. Was the gauge showing hot or was it the smell? How much have you ridden it dry?

Document the hell out of this. Pics, video etc. You don't want any engine damage being blamed on the tune instead of it being run dry.
I only started it up in the garage to warm it up to check TB sync, seemed really hot shut it off and went looking for a tune thinking it was my air filter swap maybe ran for a minute or two. I'll be fine but you better not be laughing. lol

If it holds coolant pressure and the water pump is all happy you are good to go ?

If it holds coolant pressure and the water pump is all happy you are good to go ?
I'd be conflicted. Part of me would want the dealer to come and pick it up and fix it and bring it back. They screwed up, I want it fixed and documented (this will also hopefully help the dealer avoid this problem in the future). The other part of me (which would probably win) would be tell the dealer what happened, fill it myself and probably never return to the dealer (depending on their attitude when I told them what happened). I don't expect issues after a two minute run.

Back
Top Bottom