Question: Sharing a Track Bike in Same Track Day | GTAMotorcycle.com

Question: Sharing a Track Bike in Same Track Day

Dynamik

Apologies if this has already been asked before - I did a quick search and couldnt find an answer.

Is it allowed for two riders to share a single bike at a track day? Has anyone done this before?

The scenario I have is one rider would be riding in the Intermediate session, and the other in the beginner. Logically, it wouldn't make a difference since they do the same thing at track schools between sessions. However, I know that sometimes they will sticker your bike with a single group (eg. Cayuga). Thoughts?

If its your bike you can do whatever you want... But if you're renting.... Which I feel you are... Highly doubt it. But you will both be paying to attend the track day

We have not had this request at GBR (Grand Bend) as of yet, but I don't see any issue with it. If you were both riding the same class level/same bike for example both beginner/green level - then I would look to charge you one rider fee - because you would each be doing half the sessions of the other riders in your group (based on you alternating) if you were riding in different groups one green, one intermediate (yellow) - then each person would have to pay because you are getting the same value as everyone else who paid the full rate (the only difference is you are using a shared bike)

greedy people want your money...bottom line, no matter how it turns out for you, you'll pay.

greedy people want your money...bottom line, no matter how it turns out for you, you'll pay.

So you want the track/organizer to run at a deficit?

There's no way i could do or even want to do every single session at a track day, but i am sure if the split a bike rule was to become the norm everyone and their sisters would be jumping on the half price track deals. I'd share my bike with another rider for a $120 calabogie track day in a heart beat.

I've done this with a friend in the past - registration is per rider, not per bike. The bike gets 2 stickers if being shared. Also have known others to bring more than one bike, so all needed to pass tech and each got a sticker.

One plus about sharing a bike is that you can keep the tires warmer, only need to top up on fuel more often.

In fairness, the original poster (who has not responded!) never suggested that the situation was to be two riders sharing one bike and only paying as if it were one rider. I think you can rest assured that that ain't gonna happen.

Two riders who independently both pay full pop for a track day, who are registered in different groups but happen to be on the same bike, shouldn't normally be a problem. The bike will need two registration stickers on it, one for each group. Only needs one tech sticker, obviously. Each rider's helmet needs a tech sticker.

I've shared my track bike with another rider when the other rider's bike broke down and couldn't be repaired at the track day. This was with Pro 6. Mind you, this was an unplanned situation. We just inquired with the organizers and explained the situation, and were given another sticker to put on the bike.

The one thing to keep in mind is that if the bike breaks, or one of you crashes it, you're both done.

I have seen people do this at TMP without any issue both riders pay and ride in thier respective groups.

I have seen people do this at TMP without any issue both riders pay and ride in thier respective groups.

Done this. For the first five or six track day that my girlfriend and I did were on the same bike. I never a problem or even a mention that it was odd. She went out in green than I came outin yellow. we both payed for a track day each. not really a big deal or an issue at the track. If one of you crashes though its the same as if you both crash

At TMP last year, there was a gf/bf sharing a bike. He went out in intermediate, and she went out in green.

I dont see what the big deal is.

Thanks, all, for the prompt replies. My situation is exactly as Snipes explained. She'll be psyched to hear this. My only fear is that by the afternoon, she'll want to swap sessions and demote me to green so she can ride yellow. (probably with good cause!)

No issues with paying for both registrants, that makes sense since we are in different sessions.

At TMP last year, there was a gf/bf sharing a bike. He went out in intermediate, and she went out in green.

I dont see what the big deal is.

Only a big deal if you crash - now both of you have no bike to ride....

Last year at Bogie - 'advanced' guy was there with his bike - binned it. Took the girlfriend's bike out who was riding in beginner - binned hers too...damned expensive day.

^^ hA HA sounds like a very advanced rider.
Is this where "Bin there, done that" comes from?

either that or
a) you bike is picked up in a bin (aka front loader) OR
b) you really need that parts bin ya hauled along

Last year at Bogie - 'advanced' guy was there with his bike - binned it. Took the girlfriend's bike out who was riding in beginner - binned hers too...damned expensive day.

Was that the guy with the Red Honda 1000rr who had trouble getting it started all day, then finally changed the plugs and got it going, then proceeded out for his first session and then crashed? I can't remember if he was with his girlfriend so maybe this is a different instance. I felt bad for him either way. Bike was nice too.

Back
Top Bottom