Queens Park is Back! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Queens Park is Back!

Mad Mike

Now the federal election is over, Queen's park is back in business. If you listen to the radio Public Service unions would have you think the sky is falling.

Provincial PC rolled back some of the Liberal last minute Hail Mary spends by restoring funding to pre-election levels, and cut a few coffer draining programs like the Tesla subsidies and DriveClean... is anyone suffering as these cuts are made?

In most situations, union bosses being in an uproar means Dougie is doing something right (to go along with the rest of the bull in a china shop decisions). The jury is still out whether his average will be positive or negative. RIght now, I think he will be remembered for lots of talk and upset, but little substantive change. Hopefully he improves on that record.

He needs to stop on the introduce/ take public heat/ back down on the decision. It shows the original idea was not well thought out, or he thought the public may not notice.
My question today is ' how are my electrical costs going up 2%?' , the cost of electricity in Ontario was one of his talking points going into office. Rates will come down folks!! Um ok....

He needs to stop on the introduce/ take public heat/ back down on the decision. It shows the original idea was not well thought out, or he thought the public may not notice.
My question today is ' how are my electrical costs going up 2%?' , the cost of electricity in Ontario was one of his talking points going into office. Rates will come down folks!! Um ok....
I agree. The time to make big change is right after being elected, let the fur fly, think out your decisions and stick to your guns. In year 4 let time calm things down, give back a little when it comes time to be re-elected.

As for Hydro increase, the 1.8% is in line with inflation, but it's not in line with the Ford promise -- I think he said Hydro costs would go down by 12% by the end of his term. There is time, but I hope he understands this is a promise that has specific goals -- wiggling out costs a coffin nail.

Back
Top Bottom