Purchasing from private sellers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchasing from private sellers

ayubkhanca

Hi Everyone

I came across a used Suzuki V-Storm 650 (2016 model with about 20K kms) that I liked. The seller is an individual and I would like to know where I can have the bike checked out before purchasing. Are there any mechanics who can get this done. Also, wanted to know if 20K for a 2016 is par for the course.

Any help /advice on how to go about purchasing used bikes would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

20k is next to nothing on any bike. Vstroms are nearly indestructible as far as I’m aware. There are many mechanics that can help you look over the bike along with some very helpful GTAM users. Let us know where you are located.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

The main thing to look out for is signs of accident damage. Things like broken fairings, mismatched fasteners, scratches, broken/bent levers or foot controls etc.

Mechanically there's not much a mechanic will be able to tell you outside of tire/brake pad condition and maybe worn steering/wheel bearings.

I'm assuming it's the red one in East Gwillimbury on Kijiji? Looks to be well taken care of with good accessories, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom