Pulled over on HOV gardiner | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pulled over on HOV gardiner

vrus

Unmarked town car sirens on, moved to slow middle lane. Cop says I can't use it, I said council said yes I can. We argue for a bit, he jets off, I pull back on to HOV 2 mins later.

Did you point to the motorcycle graphic on the HOV lane signage?

Good job getting up and standing up for your rights! Bob would be proud.

Another cop who likely has something against motorcyclists. Even some motorcycle cops seem to have a problem with other motorcyclists. I got yelled at the other day by one while following a row of cars safely in the fast lane (on the 404). No idea what his problem was but he was screaming at me after he lit up his sirens and pulled up next to me from behind. I gave him the apologetic nod even though I had absolutely no idea what I was apologizing for, and he took off at about 150km/h until he was in behind the row I was originally... essentially taking my spot in a very graceful way? We get off at the same exit and he turns left from a right turn only lane. Bravo.

I needed to vent... have no tolerance for these kinds.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of pulling my bike off insurance next year and going track only. No cops and dumbass drivers cause I keep reading this ****.

Last edited:
Unmarked town car sirens on, moved to slow middle lane. Cop says I can't use it, I said council said yes I can. We argue for a bit, he jets off, I pull back on to HOV 2 mins later.

We can ride in the HOV lane solo only for the Pan am Games right? Not during the games we can not use the HOV lanes unless carrying a passenger correct?

We can ride in the HOV lane solo only for the Pan am Games right? Not during the games we can not use the HOV lanes unless carrying a passenger correct?

I sincerely hope you're not trolling.

We can always use the HOV lanes during the games... except for any on the 400 series highways (which we've never been allowed to use anyways).

油井緋色;2325705 said:
I'm thinking of pulling my bike off insurance next year and going track only. No cops and dumbass drivers cause I keep reading this ****.
I could never do it, riding street and track are two completely different experiences and I enjoy both

In theory the HOV lanes won't exist after the games are over... theoretically.

I could never do it, riding street and track are two completely different experiences and I enjoy both

Coming back to the street in the distant future would definitely happen but on a much smaller bike. You probably have years of track experience over me; right now I can't quite separate the two and find no enjoyment in putting around at speed limit.

油井緋色;2325722 said:
Coming back to the street in the distant future would definitely happen but on a much smaller bike. You probably have years of track experience over me; right now I can't quite separate the two and find no enjoyment in putting around at speed limit.

Is your street bike the same as your track bike?

Consider something with more torque/less hp? or Standard/touring position?

Like an FZ or Monster. It makes the street much more enjoyable if it doesn't feel like you're qualifying.

We can always use the HOV lanes during the games... except for any on the 400 series highways (which we've never been allowed to use anyways).

Woah... I sincerely did NOT know that about the HOV lanes on the 400 series highways. There is one HOV lane on my way to work on Dufferin between Sheppard and Finch that is ONLY for buses. It used to be the standard 2 or more occupants, buses, cabs and motorcycles.... :S

It's quite simple...

[video=youtube;yKg7IinlUfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKg7IinlUfI[/video]

Woah... I sincerely did NOT know that about the HOV lanes on the 400 series highways. There is one HOV lane on my way to work on Dufferin between Sheppard and Finch that is ONLY for buses. It used to be the standard 2 or more occupants, buses, cabs and motorcycles.... :S

The HOV on Dufferin NORTH of Steeles has always included bikes, cabs etc. The one SOUTH of steeles all the way down to Downsview has ALWAYS been a BUS ONLY HOV

Did you point to the motorcycle graphic on the HOV lane signage?

lol we were both in live lanes yapping, I do remember him saying at least 3 on a motorcycle.... very courteous, minus the tailgating for half a km without sirens/lights

lol we were both in live lanes yapping, I do remember him saying at least 3 on a motorcycle.... very courteous, minus the tailgating for half a km without sirens/lights

these guys have no problems with cops on the HOVs...

595389CE418353D1477289AB249E94.jpg

Exactly why i went for a FZ09
Is your street bike the same as your track bike?

Consider something with more torque/less hp? or Standard/touring position?

Like an FZ or Monster. It makes the street much more enjoyable if it doesn't feel like you're qualifying.

Buddy was blocked by cop in SUV cruising the HOV on Gardiner (who had 2 cars with single drivers BEHIND HIM..that eventually went back to middle lane without getting stopped by the cop),
After a some "hazard lights and slowing down" 2 or 3 times from the cop, cop told him to get off of the HOV lane.

Buddy is mouthy.

They stopped on the shoulder, he argued with him. He made the officer walk to the sign that shows CLEARLY that motos can be in.

He was so peessed for being stopped for no good reason that he even went as far as "What are you doing? You had 2 single passenger vehicles behind you and you didn't do ANYTHING to stop them, but you stop ME, the only vehicle that's allowed to be in the lane, because unless you're answering a call and your lights are on, the sign doesn't show anything indicating that you can use your vehicle as a single passenger."

He continued on his spiel since..well his time was wasted so he wasted the cops time. Cop was annoyed, couldn't do anything to him, buddy then went on his way. lol

Seriously though, whether the cop is truly UNAWARE and ignorant of what is up, or they're just being @$$holes to bikes because they've got some kind of stick up their @$$e$

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom