Princess Auto drops the ball | GTAMotorcycle.com

Princess Auto drops the ball

If it makes you feel any better, at 57 lbs for that box, it was pretty piss poor quality. That's about the weight of an OK (but not great) top box. PA has another box similar to your link that weighs 10 pounds more and capacity is 25 pounds per drawer. That's really low. Most tool boxes say close to 100 pounds per drawer.

If it makes you feel any better, at 57 lbs for that box, it was pretty piss poor quality. That's about the weight of an OK (but not great) top box. PA has another box similar to your link that weighs 10 pounds more and capacity is 25 pounds per drawer. That's really low. Most tool boxes say close to 100 pounds per drawer.
I'm not looking for top quality, just something to stuff in a corner of the garage for light storage.
It just bugs me that it doesn't seem to exist.

Makes me wonder if these "sale items" are software created based on some algorithm, I've seen this type of thing many times with many retailers.
That being said, still sucks when you want something...
Bait and switch ?

Their "Hot Buy" category is weird. Some of those items are actually on sale (with a clear marked discount from regular price). Some items like that tool chest have a "sale date" listed but no marked discount, so they're just regular price?

Maybe the "hot buy" label just indicates which items are advertised in the current flyer? Except there are lots of items in the current flyer which are not marked as "hot buy". Maybe they're advertised at the current regular price, but the regular price is going to go up after the "sale date"? No idea.

Their "Hot Buy" category is weird. Some of those items are actually on sale (with a clear marked discount from regular price). Some items like that tool chest, have a "sale date" listed but no marked discount, so they're just regular price?

Maybe the "hot buy" label just indicates which items are advertised in the current flyer? Except there are lots of items in the current flyer which are not marked as "hot buy". Maybe they're advertised at the current regular price, but the regular price is going to go up after the "sale date"? No idea.
I think it means something they picked up a limited quantity of cheap and once they are gone it's done.

Sent from the future

Their "Hot Buy" category is weird. Some of those items are actually on sale (with a clear marked discount from regular price). Some items like that tool chest, have a "sale date" listed but no marked discount, so they're just regular price?

I thought Hot Buy was surplus they picked up from somewhere (and quite likely not from Canada) so there was no original price to discount

They have a separate tag for 'surplus' on items, but you can't filter by that tag on the web site. There's a whole surplus category though. There is a different tag for 'discontinued/clearance', and you can filter by that one on the website. There's also a filter for 'Active', whatever that means??

I think it means something they picked up a limited quantity of cheap and once they are gone it's done.

Sent from the future
BEWARE: PA is notorious for pricing near zero availability items as CLICKBAIT in their monthly promos.

Well, the order finally went through - they now show inventory at all the nearby stores BUT it qualifies for free shipping. Winner !
Nice, I guess just slow to update inventory. Free shipping is always good.
Hopefully shows up without damage, reading the reviews they are certainly mixed.

Reactions: TK4
Well, the order finally went through - they now show inventory at all the nearby stores BUT it qualifies for free shipping. Winner !
Shocking. If I tried to ship that, the shipping cost would probably be close to the price they are asking for the whole box delivered.

Hopefully shows up without damage, reading the reviews they are certainly mixed.
Anything I have had them ship usually looks like it was dragged behind the truck from the warehouse.

Sent from the future

Shipping is FedEx, hopefully it won't get messed up.

Order placed Monday, pick ticket processed and FedEx tracking number generated - then crickets.
I got hold of customer service today and magically it's being shipped out and I'll get it tomorrow.
I wonder if I hadn't bugged them what would have (or not have) happened ?

Order placed Monday, pick ticket processed and FedEx tracking number generated - then crickets.
I got hold of customer service today and magically it's being shipped out and I'll get it tomorrow.
I wonder if I hadn't bugged them what would have (or not have) happened ?
normal for it to take 24-48 hours for any updates.

Back
Top Bottom