Princess Auto 1000 lb motorcycle lift on sale for $450 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Princess Auto 1000 lb motorcycle lift on sale for $450

Pick mine up yesterday, easy to put together this morning. One of the circlips holding the rear dolly wheel keeps falling off so I’m going to fix that today.

1f0da49d7734471e1aedb0e326919666.jpg
4ce41dc204677b7a78350b425d60db54.jpg

Nice. Got too much junk in my garage right now for one of those. Selling some cars this spring. Maybe next year.

I like the black!
Couple things to consider include:
-getting a length of carpet or some of those 24" rubber interlocking playground mats - both are nice to stand on for long periods and warmer than cold concrete. Also useful when I want to avoid getting oil/grease stains on the garage floor.
-be careful of the edges of the lift when it's lowered - your shins will thank you to use some rubber foam on the sharp edges

I like the black!
-getting a length of carpet or some of those 24" rubber interlocking playground mats - both are nice to stand on for long periods and warmer than cold concrete. Also useful when I want to avoid getting oil/grease stains on the garage floor.
-be careful of the edges of the lift when it's lowered - your shins will thank you to use some rubber foam on the sharp edges
I used plumbing insulation on the edges of mine.

Nice. Got too much junk in my garage right now for one of those. Selling some cars this spring. Maybe next year.
I like the black!
I bought one of lazy-ass mechanic stools, can't use the rubber mat as my chair wont's slide around (an I wouldn't want it to tip over).
1581874209785.png

Is this a good buy?
Is this lift table worth the $300 clearance price or is it better to wait for the other one (1000lbs) to go back on sale for $450.

I don't now how much I need it but figured it might be a decent deal when on clearance.

I don't have a dedicated spot for my bike in the garage so I might have to store it on its side against a wall.

I want to do my valve check and other stuff and I though it might be helpful.

I also thought about buying used, not nothing really available right now.

1586695953254.png

^^
$300 is a good price for that. I'm not exactly sure what all of the differences are between that one and the 1000lb one, but i do see that the 1000lb unit also allows for air hook-up to lift the table. Not that big a deal since the foot pump gets the table up pretty easily. The chock's aren't very good on either unit and the 800lb one pictured also has the u-bolts on it for tie down points. Lastly, I'm not sure if the platform dimensions are the same.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to have it standing up when you aren't using it though. I have a small single car garage and just keep a bike on the lift at all time to save space.

^^
$300 is a good price for that. I'm not exactly sure what all of the differences are between that one and the 1000lb one, but i do see that the 1000lb unit also allows for air hook-up to lift the table. Not that big a deal since the foot pump gets the table up pretty easily. The chock's aren't very good on either unit and the 800lb one pictured also has the u-bolts on it for tie down points. Lastly, I'm not sure if the platform dimensions are the same.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to have it standing up when you aren't using it though. I have a small single car garage and just keep a bike on the lift at all time to save space.

The dimension of the platform are a little different

The 800lbs
Platform Size (in.)74-13/16 x 20-13/16 in.

1000lbs
Platform Size (in.)86-1/2 x 26-3/4 in.

My current bike is only about 450lbs or so.
I don't think I will ever own a bike that will be 1000 lbs or even 800lbs.

Looks like the 800lbs is out of stock online.
Last night there was 1 in stock, today there is none.

I will call PA tomorrow to see if they have any in stock at a local store and decide than.

Is this a good buy?
Is this lift table worth the $300 clearance price or is it better to wait for the other one (1000lbs) to go back on sale for $450.
I don't have a dedicated spot for my bike in the garage so I might have to store it on its side against a wall.

Build quality is about the same if you don't care about the air operated pump, but the big thing is the smaller platform. Here's my SXV550 on one with a Baxley chock. The rear wheel just barely fits, but the reason I returned it was because the platform was too narrow to fit my Pitbull stand for my single-sided swingarm bikes.

IMG_0981.JPG

Last edited:
Don't really care for the air function. I won't be using it everyday so no issue.

I would have to measure how wide my current bike stand is.
But I would be using with the blue PA wheel chock anyways.

BTW. you picture didn't load.

Build quality is about the same if you don't care about the air operated pump, but the big thing is the smaller platform. Here's my SXV550 on one with a Baxley chock. The rear wheel just barely fits, but the reason I returned it was because the platform was too narrow to fit my Pitbull stand for my single-sided swingarm bikes.

F34SbBJjx8xE8OJ_kkVPl1RmlEjvXAM1LIG1X0_e6Ig-Ad6hATOkqZkF7_WGIMLJZpyIMfew8g6vn-_eBKNWB4mU2t3syXYVCKSt6oa7PY-wMyLza543fva8xxUJRzQolPY3qv1Wzl8Pv9NmDe120ezhoylt8q3FafBYa0CiC9kLRbs0QWnoQAn-YL7G6sYwBP_qUZcasDLTiQ95r6YDfewNoiUB8MLqZhhuNJENLLvOOT3cfvaj-i1rVwxc0POzWer5M3_DXGW-DG8t9Pr3Oq8PKAvPWwUxuu20NICQhlJQL4OjQpVenhqj4IHrja9Lt6cRgVh2JOPB52JivKgoJXBHLMDLWvwWfySjurhWcbv3K9ZIKR6ig7S5xeCaG0zo1YFGfz1UT0lGOS1cMGvZl9cRXhIdpWCIeeLPSc1y5MAI6LvX9_ZfRIHHH3UAy1aBPgv_5TpHEhG84QTE7eEC9mMNOzar2JY-jmb_atlnqmpemIo6mQjJaEceeAH4pKBwdhahxH8bCZ7t1RzZTG9JjnsVu-IRgOqdpMD_-zTZ94HEA2lmA4NVDdCGLWQsmvV1bGnQ9WCXiuuUhQKHOp9Eg8GOMAAkZIX3Fkb4LjlwWrw2ItJ-hn_3g6FEoltFsdC8H22hlefmvyzyva8PGEodO2ndpDrh2GM3LM_osXK5kupG-uovzuXuaX2ULCV3=w2692-h2018-no
Same here. The extra width is really needed. Spring for the 1000lb model. The chock is better. Not perfect, but you will be using the downs anyway

Same here. The extra width is really needed. Spring for the 1000lb model. The chock is better. Not perfect, but you will be using the downs anyway

I do see the wider platform being useful. Even for placing necessary tool during the project at hand.

I would hate to be restricted to very little real estate and placing items on the floor etc.

Almost for this reason alone the 1000lbs would be worth it.

I have the Harbor Freight 1000lb lift which is similar...
Friend of mine bought the PA lift recently...
Works well although the chock is a bit hinky

I do see the wider platform being useful. Even for placing necessary tool during the project at hand.

I would hate to be restricted to very little real estate and placing items on the floor etc.

Almost for this reason alone the 1000lbs would be worth it.

The 1000lbs one you can still use the kickstand on the platform. I don't think there is enough real estate on the blue lift to do that. I never bothered installing the chock for the front wheel, i don't need it.

The 1000lbs one you can still use the kickstand on the platform. I don't think there is enough real estate on the blue lift to do that. I never bothered installing the chock for the front wheel, i don't need it.

I have an older PA pneumatic/hydraulic 1,000 lb lift, the one with the yellow platform and black frame. If you have a center stand the chock is pretty useless and is a barrier to removing the front wheel. I can't remember ever using the lift where part of the routine maintenance I was doing did not involve removing the front wheel.

Depending on what work i am doing, it's either rear stand only, or front and rear stand together.

I have decided that if I do get one it will be the 1000lbs with bigger platform.

To justify the "need"...
I need to either find a good deal on a used one or maybe sweet talk PA to give me the last sale price. :unsure:

I have decided that if I do get one it will be the 1000lbs with bigger platform.

To justify the "need"...
I need to either find a good deal on a used one or maybe sweet talk PA to give me the last sale price. :unsure:
When i bought mine last Oct, the lady told me they go on sale in Apr.

Back
Top Bottom