Price check on 2018 Yamaha MT-07 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Price check on 2018 Yamaha MT-07

KWDRZ

What is a fair price on this machine do you think? 2018 with 7,000km. Brand new 2020 can be had for $8500 plus the BS.

Can some owners speak on what they bought their used 07's for?

Last edited:
Looks like one of these bikes that is so popular right now that the owners think they're worth more than new...but they aren't:

Please view this ad:

2019 Yamaha MT-07,

Price: $ 8,443

Good time to buy.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Looks like one of these bikes that is so popular right now that the owners think they're worth more than new...but they aren't:

Please view this ad:

2019 Yamaha MT-07,

Price: $ 8,443

Good time to buy.

I saw that one too, I definitely feel the price is on the high side on the one I posted, but I wanted to see what others thought.

I think $6500 would be a great price on mine but doubting the seller will take it. Knowing a brand new with warranty can be had for $900 more makes the 18 not make much sense. Although the 19 will have dealer fees and such.

A common problem with these yamaha nakeds, they're very popular so the owners think they can post whatever they want for price

You have to think like a seller.

You just bought a bike 18 months ago for $8500 + dealer fees + tax. Perhaps $10,500 all in.

Would you sell that bike now for $6500? I wouldn't.

You are making a lot of good points today! I wouldn't either. Although that first period of time is when you lose the most value the fastest, so really not a good idea to sell so quick. Same story for cars... painful depreciation at first

Are you in a hurry to sell?

Post it at a higher price, put better pics in the ad.

You might get a better deal on a GSX-S 750 or 1000. They're not flying off the shelves like the MT's...which puts you in the driver seat to set your price. Not quite as exciting as the Yamaha's, but still a lot of bike for the money.

Thanks. I know this one is too much, probably should move on. What do you think its worth?
The real answer is, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

I'd make an offer you're comfortable with and grab a few relevant ads to back up your offer. If they bite, great. If not, it's a popular bike, there will be more.

At work so I can't surf Kijiji well atm.

I paid 7500 for a 1 year old fz09 (refresh model) with 1100kms.

That bike has an interesting story :ROFLMAO:

I was going to buy it right before evo, called ahead to make sure it was for sale, begged my boss to leave work early, went to 3 different banks to pick up the cash, "drove" from georgetown to Scarborough, upon arrival was told it wasnt for sale anymore.

Spend 2 hours yelling at everyone, finally bought a brand new one for 10k OTD

2 days after buying, get a call from dealership asking if i'd still be interested in buying the old one because the guy's financing didnt come through
(I said no)

Eventually evo ended up buying it

That bike has an interesting story :ROFLMAO:

I was going to buy it right before evo, called ahead to make sure it was for sale, begged my boss to leave work early, went to 3 different banks to pick up the cash, "drove" from georgetown to Scarborough, upon arrival was told it wasnt for sale anymore.

Spend 2 hours yelling at everyone, finally bought a brand new one for 10k OTD

2 days after buying, get a call from dealership asking if i'd still be interested in buying the old one because the guy's financing didnt come through
(I said no)

Eventually evo ended up buying it

I did the same thing to a friend, we were both racing to London to buy the same used bike. Seller said whoever gives me the money first takes the bike home.

I beat him by a couple of hours.

We both found out about it much later when he saw my bike (actually my wife's) and he exclaimed, "YOU STOLE MY BIKE!"

Nice find. Likely this one will be similar in price to the new one at Apex that listed the price including fees, once they add the PDI. Definitely going to reach out to them. Appreciate you posting this.

What is a fair price on this machine do you think? 2018 with 7,000km. Brand new 2020 can be had for $8500 plus the BS.

Can some owners speak on what they bought their used 07's for?
I would ask why the only pictures are from the dealership floor. 7000km, turn signals, pegs and no other pictures means it's a long way to drive just to see a bike that's been low sided hard enough.

Back
Top Bottom