Power outages? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power outages?

TwistedKestrel

King of GTAM
Site Supporter
Two different people in my social circle at opposite ends of the city had blackouts today, wondering if anybody else is/was having power trouble

Had a blink or two over the last few days. Just enough to make us reset a dozen clocks and timers.

Not in my area (Scarborough), all good. My parents area use to have brown outs all the time (also in scarborugh, and not far from me).

Strange occurrence on the street yesterday.

Got a call from my wife mid day that some lights were not working. Turns out a single breaker tripped on the panel.
Talked to 2 neighbors in the evening and they also had a similar thing.
One has bedroom light not working right in the morning, also tripped breaker. Similar thing to the house to them next door.

Very odd for a single breaker to trip at 3 random houses on the same day.

Maybe the same shabby electrician worked on all 3 houses when they were built

Maybe the same shabby electrician worked on all 3 houses when they were built

Haha.
Chances are high as it is a Milton subdivision.
House was built in 2006/2007 so these "issues" would be more common if the sparky was to blame.

The South part of the Allen, from Dufferin to Spadina in Toronto went out altogether for 5-10 minutes not too long ago. Flickered a bit at first.
Apparently at least 1 transformer exploded.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Oakville west end had flickering lights in the morning then power out from 4:40 pm to about 7:30 pm Tuesday.

Had issues for a long time. Hydro came in and changed the transformers and worked on the system.
Some lunkhead wired everything wrong, and doubled up one-side to 165 of the external to the panels, and halved the other to 55.
Some older electronics couldn't take it and gave up the ghost.
After everything was fixed and replaced, the blackouts/brownouts moved to a different part of the city.

If you ever notice that some of your lights are exceptionally bright, and others dim or don't work. Check the voltages.

Had issues for a long time. Hydro came in and changed the transformers and worked on the system.
Some lunkhead wired everything wrong, and doubled up one-side to 165 of the external to the panels, and halved the other to 55.
Some older electronics couldn't take it and gave up the ghost.
After everything was fixed and replaced, the blackouts/brownouts moved to a different part of the city.

If you ever notice that some of your lights are exceptionally bright, and others dim or don't work. Check the voltages.
Wow, that sucks. I know when I used to live in Aurora, the power was shady one day and I checked at we were at ~60 volts constant. I threw the main breaker on the house before things let the smoke out. I'm not sure how the hell that happened. I left it off for quite a while to give them time to fix their problem and see if the fix smoked the neighbours houses.

Back
Top Bottom