Post up PICS of members bikes? | Page 244 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post up PICS of members bikes?

• Thread starter aRcTiC_cAt_LaKe_DrAgEr
  • Start date
I love my bike, that is all.
48571061361_8d47e93a01_b.jpg
Beautiful. Still one of my favourite bikes. My wife has ok'd a display bike in our next home and one of these might be it.

my Capo Rally.....love everything about it
iieYBN6.jpg
Whenever I see someone on a Honeymoon with their new bike I think back to the times I enjoyed that feeling!

You've had her for a few weeks now, it's about time you got that thing dirty! How about some pics after a real spirited run on a muddy single track?

Whenever I see someone on a Honeymoon with their new bike I think back to the times I enjoyed that feeling!

You've had her for a few weeks now, it's about time you got that thing dirty! How about some pics after a real spirited run on a muddy single track?

did some gravel/dirt road riding
to test out the ADD
could see the washboard corners
rider feels nada

mud? stop the sillyness :)

MT09 eh, smart choice.
Took one out when Yamaha had their demo day. It was such a great bike, and much more practical for the street. Super comfortable, upright, softer suspension and enough power for fun. It's a good recipe!
I also took out the MT10 to try, but I am ruling that bike out.

Took one out when Yamaha had their demo day. It was such a great bike, and much more practical for the street. Super comfortable, upright, softer suspension and enough power for fun. It's a good recipe!
Sticky this for all the 18 year olds looking for a S1000RR as a first bike.

Couldn't agree more, had the slightly earlier FZ09 but it's a hoot. The TC does a great job of keeping things in check and you can knock it down a bit to hooligan it up and power wheelie in the first 3 gears easily. It will also save most riders a pretty penny over a SS.

Curious why you are ruling out the mt10? I sat on one at the supershow and it felt like it was tailor made for me. Haven't ridden it yet though, nor the mt09. Haven't even seen an mt09 in person tbh. Much different in size/ergonomics?

Curious why you are ruling out the mt10? I sat on one at the supershow and it felt like it was tailor made for me. Haven't ridden it yet though, nor the mt09. Haven't even seen an mt09 in person tbh. Much different in size/ergonomics?

Riding position is nearly identical between the MT10 and the MT09 but I like the way my knees fit into the 09, have a seat on it and notice how the gas tank tapers to allow your knees to lock in. A large part of this is attributed to the loss of a cylinder making for a lighter bike. It also feel more flick-able despite the wheelbase being almost 2 inches longer.

I excluded the MT10 because
1) The seat and rear suspension is as hard as the R6 (or just about) Every bump on the road you will feel and it gets old really fast. It might have upright ergonomics, but ride quality comfort is awful (for a naked bike)
2) Gas milage; not even 200kms to a tank. My concern isn't really milage in the context of saving $ but moreso range. As a naked bike, I'm looking to be able to make some longer distance trips. The inline 4 crossplane is thirsty.
3) Too much power for a naked bike. The MT10 is fast beyond practicality in my opinion. 250kmh is a lot of fun on a R6/R1 where everything is buttery smooth and you can tuck behind some wind protection. 250kmh on a naked? You better hang on tight. It just doesn't make sense, it's a naked bike, why would you even want to go that fast on a non-SS?! It is trying to be something its not

The mt09 also has crap fuel range, and a dodgy rear shock. Probably even worse than the mt10. You will soon find out about the mt09’s seat. Probably will be the first thing you will change. Everything else about the bike great, I am still grinning every time I ride 3 years on after buying it .

The mt09 also has crap fuel range, and a dodgy rear shock. Probably even worse than the mt10. You will soon find out about the mt09’s seat. Probably will be the first thing you will change. Everything else about the bike great, I am still grinning every time I ride 3 years on after buying it .

The rear shock felt fine, lots of travel and decently planted while cornering. The 2017+ gets adjustable suspension which is really nice. Worse in what way? I'd say the MT10 shock is likely better for cornering feel & precision vs the 09 more catered for everyday comfort. I have heard people complain about the stock seat but that's something that will vary from person to person. The comfort seat option is supposedly quite the improvement.

Riding position is nearly identical between the MT10 and the MT09 but I like the way my knees fit into the 09, have a seat on it and notice how the gas tank tapers to allow your knees to lock in. A large part of this is attributed to the loss of a cylinder making for a lighter bike. It also feel more flick-able despite the wheelbase being almost 2 inches longer.

I excluded the MT10 because
1) The seat and rear suspension is as hard as the R6 (or just about) Every bump on the road you will feel and it gets old really fast. It might have upright ergonomics, but ride quality comfort is awful (for a naked bike)
2) Gas milage; not even 200kms to a tank. My concern isn't really milage in the context of saving $ but moreso range. As a naked bike, I'm looking to be able to make some longer distance trips. The inline 4 crossplane is thirsty.
3) Too much power for a naked bike. The MT10 is fast beyond practicality in my opinion. 250kmh is a lot of fun on a R6/R1 where everything is buttery smooth and you can tuck behind some wind protection. 250kmh on a naked? You better hang on tight. It just doesn't make sense, it's a naked bike, why would you even want to go that fast on a non-SS?! It is trying to be something its not
  • Won't see much better mileage on the fz09, light is on about 180km iirc.
  • don't let the tank fool you, get some gel type tank grips or you`re going to go sliding all over on acceleration
  • rear shock is a soggy mess, even on the updated ones (i had a '17)
If you`re considering trips on it maybe look at the FJ-09 instead? More of a tourer setup, pretty sure it has a bigger tank and same great engine.

Someone had one on here... @JavaFan ?

Last edited:
Wow, great response thank you for all the detail.

Although I really like my vfr and the full fairing look I'm getting tired of trying to keep it clean, lol. I've been considering a naked for my next bike and love the look (and that glorious exhaust) of the mt10.

Makes sense about too much power for the seating position, I don't intend on getting up to 250 on any bike on the road let alone a naked but I have heard its a handful to control.

Just made my short list shorter, thanks for the info

Edit sorry, responded to the wrong post, was meant for @Sebi

Seems to be some negatives about both the 09 and the 10, mostly about the suspension. I really need to ride them both and form my own opinion, what one person likes someone else might not.

Right now the two I am considering most equally are the z900 or the gsxs750, and one of the two yamahas as a backup. Haven't ridden any of them yet.

Back
Top Bottom