Policaro Harley-Davidson. Great Dealership | GTAMotorcycle.com

Policaro Harley-Davidson. Great Dealership

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Howdy Folks.

Well I got bit this year by the HD bug, after some lengthy thoughts and discussions I decide I was ready to pull the plug and buy myself a HOG! ?

After numerous attempts to contact the HD dealership 10 minutes away from me with no answer or being transferred to a dead line, I was almost ready to give up until I saw Policaro Harley-Davidson had all the bikes (New & Used) I wanted to look at more in depth.

I decided to wander in one day and bring my wife (if anyone can talk me out of something, it's her) we were immediately welcomed by the staff with a pleasant greeting while we wondered around looking at bikes and accessories.

we were approached by the sales rep, who asked our names and introduced himself, instead of just jumping into how awesome HD's are he spent time asking questions about me and my riding preferences. After which he had a short list of bike he felt I would enjoy looking at. He was right on the money and we had the same bikes in mind.

He should me the new ones on the floor and then we went back to look at some used models. we then discussed budget, financing, trade in etc. all without any pressure of cheese.

My wife and I were both very pleased with the "no pressure" approach and left with a very good understanding of what I was looking at from all angles. I felt very well informed and confident.

About a week later, I arranged a test ride of three bikes. The same sales rep had them all ready for me when I arrived. After a few loops around the parking lot we hit the streets so I could get a "feel" for each of the bikes. Was a great ride in very typical settings, so I felt I was ready to pull the plug and start the purchase process.

Picked my bike and accessories, arranged warranty, financing, delivery and pick up of my Honda. Gave my all the information I need to switch insurance (I already called for estimates) and I was the proud owner of a (New to me) Harley Davidson.

OH OH, parts were on back order, so they found another supplier and got them on order again. All with a phone call to keep me updated.

Now while they had the bike longer than expected it was no fault of theirs and they kept me up-to-date all the way.

Bike is being delivered Monday, July 20th and I'm very pleased with the services they provided me. If I end up buying another HD in the future, I know where I would go.

Policaro is a big outfit. I think they sell BMW (cars too) in a few other dealerships. They were supposed to open a new HD dealership at Mayfield and Hurontario, but I guess things got a little strange with Covid etc. Congrats on the new ride.

Congrats! Was like my experience with Mackies. HD customer service is spot on. Sales and after sales.

Policaro is a big outfit. I think they sell BMW (cars too) in a few other dealerships. They were supposed to open a new HD dealership at Mayfield and Hurontario, but I guess things got a little strange with Covid etc. Congrats on the new ride.

You can tell they DEEP pockets for sure. I was pleasantly surprised, this is why I chose to post this.

Jacox lost their dealership.
Well that's something they deserved IMHO.
I went there twice to fix things under warranty on my old Buell 1125r (Jacox was a Buell dealer).
Called their parts warehouse (I forget the name of the place), they confirmed 2 clutch weep kits. Jacox confirmed that if I dropped the bike off first thing Monday, I could pick up Friday at 5pm. Took the morning off work, dropped it off. Called Thursday to verify the bike would be ready on Friday. They said yes. Get there on Friday, and the parts had not even been ordered as of yet (I called depot again, they said they still had 2 kits). Screwed my vacation - was supposed to leave on a trip to the Dragon at 5am on Saturday morning with a couple buddies. Bike wasn't in a rideable condition.

Next time, I was in a hurry. Got dropped off, hopped on the bike and left without giving it a proper inspection. My error. They lost my axle sliders and never told me about it. So I go to sort it out, they absolutely refused to do anything about it, despite photo evidence of sliders being on the bike at drop off. I calmly asked to speak with management. They flat out refused again.

If that's how I was treated, I'm sure others were treated the same.

While I don't want this thread to get off track from the positive aspects of my dealer experience. Jacox was my closest dealer it is now Brown's (I think)
My experience with them was lackluster to say the least. My wife and I walked in, the staff barely even looked at us. Had to walk up to a sales person (chilling with his feet up on the desk) to ask for help, his answer was basically I'm not "right" to own a HD, I should go look at Honda's.. We walked out never to return or spend a cent there.

i call BS to this?
I am not sure why you put that as a question instead of a statement?
But, you are somewhat correct, in the interest of not having a page of additional text I condensed our entire conversation into that one short statement. But since you seem skeptical, what basically transposed was that the "sales person" did not seem very eager or interested in having any discussion with me in regards to the potential purchase of a HD motorcycle. Perhaps he judged me on my attire or lack of knowledge on HD's. I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. But I did look at Honda's and enjoyed the one I owned for many years.

I hope this sets the record straight, I would hate to be thought of as a BS'er. Can we be friends lucky2?

oh, i'm friends with everybody(y) hope you enjoy your new bike
Thanks Mate! New bike is Great! (But isn't every new bike awesome..LOL)

Here you go :)
No clue why the thumbnails are upside down. :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    926 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 58