Plexus Plastic Cleaner VS Motul Shine & Go | GTAMotorcycle.com

Plexus Plastic Cleaner VS Motul Shine & Go

polo

Hi Everyone,

I know there was a thread recently about the merits of different shine agents, but I wanted to specifically compare these two. This is my personal opinion, and I speak for and represent no one.

Plexus (About $15 for 7oz):
From the start, I"ve always only used Plexus to shine my motorcycles, my car's rims, etc. It was very reasonably priced, worked great, and lasted a long time. The shine obtained from it was something out of the fountain of youth. Very glossy and very clear finish. No streaks, no blotches, nothing. It's also fairly odorless.

However, I guess they knew they had a good product, so the price got cranked WAY up. After much debate, and the budgeting being what it is, led me to find an alternative...

Shine & Go (About $9 for 13.5oz):
So after reading that other thread, and seeing a dealership guy use it, I decided on Motul Shine & Go. It's a pretty big can and doesn't cost too much. However, after using it, I'm not really happy with it.

I've used it a couple times now, and I find it does leave streak marks and also botches. And believe me, I buffed the hell out of it. This is especially noticeable on black paint and on the windscreen. It does produce a good shine, but I find the plexus shine to be much clearer and brighter. It also smells like lemon. Overall, I'm not very happy with it.

Conclusion:
If you're on a tight budget, Shine & Go will work ok. Maybe YMMV, but I'm not a fan of the finish it produces, nor the scent which reminds me of cleaning the dining room table.

So, I'm going to bite the bullet and go get a can of Plexus. I know it's expensive, but I suppose you get what you pay for.

Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom