Planing a trip with my son for this coming summer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Planing a trip with my son for this coming summer

So after some thoughts I have decided to do the trip with a friend that rides and leave Mason at home. He and I will do a couple good long day rides this year instead.
maybe a camping overnight but stay closer to home.
I’m still itching to do the trip.
Sounds sensible. Ponder his interests too -- he might enjoy his days running along side dad on his own 125 dirt bike more than looking at your back for hours on end.

So far no interest in his own bike. I’ve been trying since he was 4.
He would much rather sit in his bedroom on his iPad playing Minecraft.
The wife and I have to convince/ force the kids to even go to the Toronto zoo.
once there they have a blast every time. But you still have to talk them into it.
Same thing with mountain biking. They both have very high end bikes and we do ride, but it’s always an argument to get them going.
They take after their Mom that way. My wife's idea of a good day is quiet and a book. I on the other hand would rather work 7 days a week then spend my weekend sitting still.

Ah yes, playing Mindmush games is a huge problem for the instant gratification generation. No idea how you can fix that one, when I was growing up I had pets.

So far no interest in his own bike. I’ve been trying since he was 4.
He would much rather sit in his bedroom on his iPad playing Minecraft.
The wife and I have to convince/ force the kids to even go to the Toronto zoo.
once there they have a blast every time. But you still have to talk them into it.
Same thing with mountain biking. They both have very high end bikes and we do ride, but it’s always an argument to get them going.
They take after their Mom that way. My wife's idea of a good day is quiet and a book. I on the other hand would rather work 7 days a week then spend my weekend sitting still.
I hear that. Everytime we go somewhere, even wasaga beach it's a huge fight. Then after we arrive its "thanks dad, I'm having so much fun!". But by that time I'm more like "who brought you anyway?".

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

No advice when it comes to Video games. My kids liked them, but not as much as they liked sports, bikes, camping and fishing. We always lived close to water and woods so there was always lots of outdoor activities available. I never allowed marathon gaming sessions - by the time they grew out of Donkeykong they were done with video games.

The Manitoulin Hotel and Conference Center is a nice and clean and has a pool. My kids enjoy swimming.

The patio is nice and the food is pretty good as well.

As mentioned, the ride through Espanola is quite scenic and entertaining. And you can make your way home via Sudbury and then south.

Some kids will appreciate it while others don’t have a care in the world. See one tree, you’ve seen them all. Same with the roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Lodge is really nice. Very peaceful.

I did a trip up there this past summer. Had planned to go across and back down through Algonquin but the trip got cut short.

I always plan to pass through Goderich when I'm out that way. Nice little town. flowerpot island is nice.

Maybe you could mount an ipad to your back and the kid wouldn't fall asleep :'D

Camping at Gordon's might be fine, but their lodge is one of the worst I have ever set foot into. And very overpriced.
There is a nice hostel/inn near Providence Bay that has a private room and the hosts are really nice. They are biker friendly and have a nice big kitchen if you want to cook up a nice meal. They cooked us a amazing meal when we went, but not sure how often they do that. Auberge Inn Hostel: Accommodations Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada – Accommodations Manitoulin Island Hostel

+1 on the ride north across the swing bridge in Little Current and over to Espanola - one of the most scenic roads in Ontario.

If I'm not mistaken, around the time Ontario passed the stunting laws a few years ago, didn't Ontario also pass a law that says you can not have a passenger younger than 12 years old? Something about the ability to comfortably and safely reach the footpegs for support.

Good question. My 7 yr old granddaughter is bugging me to go for a ride. It will probably be around the block till she is a teen.

Couple years ago we stayed in Espanola at the Pinewood Inn.
Great place..nice and clean and reasonable rate.
Bar onsite and good food to boot.

Back
Top Bottom